• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asmodean

Aye...one of very few Danish contributions to the world's vocabulary
    no its swedish

Comment

Originally posted by a.kitman
      the article fails to mention that it was the rule of the school not some offical swedish law which most people seem to think, or want to think. also there is no sueing going on here. the father of the boy who held the party reported it to JO which is a swedish... well i dont know what you would call it in english but its purpos is to protect individuals from goverment officals over stepping there bounds.
      I think
      father has filed a complaint with the parliamentary ombudsman.
      makes it clear that the it was just a complaint and not a lawsuit.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Re: Re: No invitation for you too.

Originally posted by Tuberski

Did you go to school in Utah?

I had to give out valentines to everyone in class to, this was 30 years ago.

ACK!
        We didn't.

Maybe it was one of the advantages of going to one of those "High risk" elementaries for "disadvantaged" kids. Perhaps they just assumed we were making our valentines and not buying the little scooby doo cards at the store, therefore didn't require it for everyone.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Actually I would think that these days, that there would be plenty of homophobic parents that would complain quite loudly if their very masculine sons had to give valentines to other BOYS.

Which again, I would find just silly.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            Actually I would think that these days, that there would be plenty of homophobic parents that would complain quite loudly if their very masculine sons had to give valentines to other BOYS.

Which again, I would find just silly.
            Parents silly, or giving valentine's to boys silly?

Don't remember parent thoughts, but I recall that you sure didn't want to be seen giving a valentine to a girl or you would be teased mercilessly. What with cooties and all.

So, I gave plenty of valentines out to boys in elementary school. Nothing wierd about it.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

no its swedish
              No no no, it's Norwegian.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ombudsman? That word is Swedish - hey, we're talking about a boring guy checking if everything goes by the books and everybody recieved their birthday invitations. Baaaah. Cross the bridge, dudes, and we'll teach you how to properly drink beer and draw prophets. You can still keep the etymological credit.

Comment

Ever heard of related languages, Monk?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

the article fails to mention that it was the rule of the school not some offical swedish law which most people seem to think, or want to think. also there is no sueing going on here. the father of the boy who held the party reported it to JO which is a swedish... well i dont know what you would call it in english but its purpos is to protect individuals from goverment officals over stepping there bounds.
                    You seem to be the Slowwhand of Sweden.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Parents silly, or giving valentine's to boys silly?

Don't remember parent thoughts, but I recall that you sure didn't want to be seen giving a valentine to a girl or you would be teased mercilessly. What with cooties and all.

So, I gave plenty of valentines out to boys in elementary school. Nothing wierd about it.
                      Probably Parents silly, since thinking back, (way back) I never felt weird and most of my valentines went to guys.
                      But back in the stone age gay meant something totally different. For you younger crowd, how was it in your grammer school? Do boys still give other boys valentines or have the homophobes stopped that practice using fear mongering.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Everyone gives everyone in their class valentines, plus whatever other friends were in different classes. Well, in 'grammar school'.
                        In high school most girls gave just their friends valentines and they'd have the friend's name written on them and guys didn't pass them out. But then some weirdos would pass them out to everyone they happened to talk to that day. The weirdos usually only got them back from other weirdos.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                          Ombudsman? That word is Swedish - hey, we're talking about a boring guy checking if everything goes by the books and everybody recieved their birthday invitations. Baaaah. Cross the bridge, dudes, and we'll teach you how to properly drink beer and draw prophets. You can still keep the etymological credit.
                          And rowing a dinghy home...?
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                            Ever heard of related languages, Monk?
                            Oh, you mean like Norwegian and that other Norwegian?

Nah, sure it's a Norse/Scandinavian thing to begin with, but still the English word came from Swedish and uses Swedish spelling.

See http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ombudsman in case you're actually interested.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS

And rowing a dinghy home...?
                              Um... yeah...

Maybe the chap was inspired by the East German dude who decided to flee the communist state by rowing to Denmark. I saw something about that once.

Comment

If he was really trashed he would have tried to steal the coastguards boat.
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X