X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No invitation for you too.

Originally posted by rah
    So how silly do you think this is.
    It's beyond silly to me -- it's ridiculous.

If you want to pass out invitations at school you must invite everyone. You can't discriminate against bullies and people that don't like you.

I think we've gone a bit too far.
    Agreed.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
      rah, and what if your parents say you can have 10 people in it max? What if now you have to have like 25, and that's just your class mates, or none at all?

There's all kinds of problems with this equation.
      Yep, I went to a catholic school were we had 50 kids to a class, so since Ming was in another class we would have had to invite 100 kids. Yeah, that was going to happen. Just plain silly. At least back then, all you needed was a cake and a few sodas to have a party. Now imagine having to invite 100 kids to the paint ball place or pizza/game place. Now you're talking 1000s of dollars.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Re: No invitation for you too.

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Better.

My kids HAD to make valentines for EVERYONE in the class as a part of HOMEWORK.

Not kidding.
        Did you go to school in Utah?

I had to give out valentines to everyone in class to, this was 30 years ago.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by rah

Yep, I went to a catholic school were we had 50 kids to a class, so since Ming was in another class we would have had to invite 100 kids. Yeah, that was going to happen. Just plain silly. At least back then, all you needed was a cake and a few sodas to have a party. Now imagine having to invite 100 kids to the paint ball place or pizza/game place. Now you're talking 1000s of dollars.
          You were forced to invite Ming to your birthday parties?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes, my mother figured it was silly to hold two seperate parties on the same day. DOH
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I like how you say "my" not "our".
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Since I was first by 18 minutes, I can say that.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

its silly, but that article is fairly poor. it was the rule at that school that birthday invitations, if they excluded some classmates, shoudl be handed outside of the school.

and the guy sueing is actaully the father of the boy that held the party, not the one who didnt get invited. the reason he didnt invite two of the boys where one of them hadent invited him at his party and the other one hade bullyed him for 6 monhts.

Comment

Those were the facts I got out of the article, so it couldn't have been too bad.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

no you clearly missed most of the facts

Comment

I think rah gave all the facts. People are just making this out to be a bigger deal than it is. That usually happens.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

hmmm

if they excluded some classmates, shoudl be handed outside of the school.
                          from article
                          Officials at a school in Sweden have confiscated birthday invitations handed out in class by an eight-year-old boy.
                          So that fact was covered

and the guy sueing is actaully the father of the boy that held the party, not the one who didnt get invited.
                          from article
                          The newspaper did not identify the boy or his family, but says his father has filed a complaint with the parliamentary ombudsman.
                          So that fact was covered

the reason he didnt invite two of the boys where one of them hadent invited him at his party and the other one hade bullyed him for 6 monhts.
                          from article
                          The father told the newspaper that the two classmates were not invited because one had bullied his son and the other had not invited him to his birthday
                          so that fact was covered.

How was the article unclear?

Yes we can assume if the boy had handed out the invitations not in school, there wouldn't have been an issue.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And Kid, I just find the whole thing silly.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

the article fails to mention that it was the rule of the school not some offical swedish law which most people seem to think, or want to think. also there is no sueing going on here. the father of the boy who held the party reported it to JO which is a swedish... well i dont know what you would call it in english but its purpos is to protect individuals from goverment officals over stepping there bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                                And Kid, I just find the whole thing silly.
                                me too
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X