Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ok to have sex with a mentally handicapped individual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snotty

my question was a result of a discussion with my perfect 10 non handicapped missus
    Tell your missus that it is fine and that she is not doing anything wrong
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
      How the hell is someone supposed to know if a mentally handicapped person is smart enough to consent? That sounds like an arbitrary boundary... Dumb people are still people and I aint inclined to tell them they gotta date other dumb people (2 dumb people = consent?).
      Thanks, that's exactly the question I want answered.

and @ PH.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

@ PH
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

What happens when two 12 year olds have sex?

JM
          In some states this is specifically addressed by statute as being a case of a misdemeanor which does not carry formal rape charges.

I believe (though I could be wrong) that in common law states that do not have specific statute, that this becomes an unusual case where both minors have legally raped each other. As of the late 1990s that was the case in Britain, although the law may have been amended since then.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

What happens when two 12 year olds have sex?

JM
            Another Texan might be produced.

Unless of course it's a twelve year old boy and a twelve year old cow.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
              How the hell is someone supposed to know if a mentally handicapped person is smart enough to consent? That sounds like an arbitrary boundary... Dumb people are still people and I aint inclined to tell them they gotta date other dumb people (2 dumb people = consent?).
              If you can't tell the person you are with is mentally handicapped just by talking to them, then it's probably okay to have sex with them, since you're mentally handicapped yourself.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

If you can't tell the person you are with is mentally handicapped just by talking to them, then it's probably okay to have sex with them, since you're mentally handicapped yourself.
                  I'd expect that comment to come from a mentally handicapped person.

It's not deciding if the person is mentally handicapped but what degree of handicap determines whether they can or can not consent to have sex. There are many different types of mental illnesses. When is the line crossed? How do you decide? But I guess you can tell by just chatting with a person for a couple of minutes. I have one friend that can barely communicate and you might think they are metally challanged but after repeated communications, it's become apparent that they are just communications challanged and not mentally challanged.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

To expand on what rah was just saying.

Once upon a time, a sexual harassment case was making its way though one of the other courtrooms here. Plaintiff alleged all kinds of foul disgusting actions by the defendant.

Then we learned that plaintiff had multiple personalities, and her "Brandy" personality really liked what defendant had been doing and had been encouraging him to do more.

Luckily, the case settled before it went to trial.

As a juror, how could you decide that case? And, as the guy, what do you do when one personality is saying "stop that, stay away," and another is saying, "hey big boy, come on and catch me."

Comment

Exactly, it's not always so clear. And I guess some people think that certain facial features and expressions are visual clues that a person is mentally challanged when they could simply have been the result of a stroke.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It isn't clear after a small conversation, but it is clear after getting to know someone well.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Agreed, but there are people out there that have sex before they get to know someone well. While there are those that may consider it immoral, it's not illegal and it happens a lot. So would that be rape if a person didn't know?
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What happens if a guy had sex with a 12 yearold and didn't know she was 12?

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What happens if a guy had sex with a 12 yearold and didn't know she was 12?

Jon Miller
                              If he can't judge that a 12 year old is underage he is mentally handicapped and therefore he was probably raped by the 12 year old.

Comment

It's my belief that if he questions the fact and the girl offers proof that she is of age (even if it's falsified, unless it's a blatantly obvious fake) That he shouldn't be prosecuted. Or if the girl looked 30 (obviously of age)
                                If she looked 12 and he didn't try to check it out, Fry the bastard.
                                Again, every cirmcumstance is different and should be judged as such.

It's the same for those that consider having sex with a women that is drunk could be considered wrong or even considered rape. What is the definition of too drunk. Even if you use a blood test, there are some experienced drinkers that could be legally drunk but not that impaired, or others that one drink and they're hammered. Put on top of that a tipsy male. It's not so clear.

If we say any woman that's ever had sex after having a few drinks was raped. A considerable amount of the male population on this planet would be sitting in jail cells.

A rape conviction (or even in some cases just the accusation) can destroy a man's life. While I have no love for rapists, but the punishment shouldn't exceed the crime.

"what are you in for"
                                "I went out to a bar and hooked up with a girl for a one-nighter and now am in prison for 5-20 years"

There is a lot of gray area on these matters.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X