Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ok to have sex with a mentally handicapped individual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And how would you know they were sober at the time (using your example) For a mental ilness there are not always physical indicators. You might think they were fine when they gave consent, but they really weren't. Is that rape?
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Most people aren't completely in control of themselves, at least not at all times in their life. There are a lot of psychopaths that look for these people to take advantage of. Only the person knows for sure what their intent is, and if they are taking advantage of people.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I consider those who have sex with people without knowing them well to be irresponsible.. possibly criminally irresponsible.

Just like someone who drinks and drives is being irresponsible, and is responsible for those he kills so does somoene who has sex with people without knowing them be irresponsible, and is responsible for those they rape.

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That wasn't very clear. Are you saying that if you sex without really knowing a person, it's rape?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am saying that sex without really knowing a person could be rape.. you don't know.

And I would hold you responsible.

Just like if you drive drunk, you might not kill someone, but you don't know. And if you do, you are held responsible.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I was just applying your logic to the thousands of one night stands that occur after bars close every friday night. All of those where the people just met that night, how could they really know the person yet?

With a mentally challenged person, how could you really know if you knew the person?
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think one-night stands have a high chance for rape. And that rape often (relative to the rest of society) happens in those situations.

Generally when you know someone (well), you can determine if they are mentally challenged or not.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Is it ok to have sex with a mentally handicapped individual?

If not, time to lock up Laura Bush.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                    I think one-night stands have a high chance for rape. And that rape often (relative to the rest of society) happens in those situations.

Generally when you know someone (well), you can determine if they are mentally challenged or not.

JM
                    So is the consenting drunk male raping the consenting drunk female or is the consenting drunk female raping the consenting drunk male. (Assuming it is a hetero pick-up that is)

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                      I don't think it would be OK. They don't have the capability of judging the context and consequences of their actions.
                      Neither do drunk people.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude

So is the consenting drunk male raping the consenting drunk female or is the consenting drunk female raping the consenting drunk male. (Assuming it is a hetero pick-up that is)
                        What happens when two 12 year olds have sex?

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

How the hell is someone supposed to know if a mentally handicapped person is smart enough to consent? That sounds like an arbitrary boundary... Dumb people are still people and I aint inclined to tell them they gotta date other dumb people (2 dumb people = consent?).

Comment

Re: Is it ok to have sex with a mentally handicapped individual?

Originally posted by Snotty
                            As the topic asks, would you consider it to be acceptable to have sex with a mentally handicapped person, or would you consider it using them, or some kind of rape?
                            Why, which OT poster do you want to shag?
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

What happens when two 12 year olds have sex?

JM
                              Gary Glitter gets all flustered.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                                Mental retards should be like everyone else, they should be executed for their crimes and are responsible for when their orifaces get filled, I give you there fact, you cannot have it both ways: treat them fairly, or give them preferential treatment, but please do not patronize me.
                                Should people with personality disorders be executed, as ther is no hope or treatment for them, please say yes
                                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                                X