No announcement yet.

RIP George Carlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else watch Larry King last night? He did a tribute to Carlin. Carlin's daughter talked about how much he loved people. Jokes can just be jokes, but I knew he cared about people some how. And some of his jokes were the funniest things I've ever heard.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

71 seems young
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
        Anyone else watch Larry King last night? He did a tribute to Carlin. Carlin's daughter talked about how much he loved people. Jokes can just be jokes, but I knew he cared about people some how. And some of his jokes were the funniest things I've ever heard.
        I did. In fact, it was the first Larry King show I was able to sit all the way through. Jerry Seinfeld made some very insightful observations on Carlin's humor.

Comment

link?
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
            link?
            I dunno. I watched it on T.V. But I'm sure it's somewhere on U-Tube by now.

Comment

This weekend's SNL is the very first one, the one Carlin hosted BTW.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Just watched a 1978 Performance by Carlin done in Phoenix (one of the HBO's had it). It was really eerie. He did like 20 minutes on death.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Ok, ok...George Carlin gets to the pearly gates and meets Saint Peter. Carlin says, "Hey Saint Peter, how the **** ya doin man?"

Saint Peter says, "now George, there's seven words you can't say in heaven..."
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    If there's still any doubt as to the man's contributions,

George Carlin becomes first posthumous Mark Twain honoree

Only in the sense that he died before he could get the actual award, he had been selected 11 days prior to his death.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Just thought i'd post one of my favourite acts.

be free

Comment

Thanks Frosty, Carlin is perhaps the best British comedian ever.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

He was British?
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Comment

They ran about 7 of his specials last night we just sat there for about 4 hours laughing our a$$ off. I had forgotten just how funny he was.

And OMG did I love the one he did about cat's and dogs and when he talked about small dogs, we have a chaaa hoooahh hoooah and he nailed Gizmo's behavior to a T.
                              Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                              Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                              You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Working...
                              X