Best US Senator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best US Senator.

With approval ratings for both the closely divided Congress and the President at or near record lows there are currently a whole lot of Americans unhappy with their government. My question, examining just the Senate for this thread, is who actually does a good job in your opinion and why? Who is the best US Senator?

There are 100 sitting Senators so there are far to many options to list in a poll so we'll just have to have people name their top picks.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Both of Indiana's senators are still very popular...
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

I'll be bi-partisan:

either Russ Feingold or Richard Lugar
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Hutchinson
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I don't really care for any of them. It would be tough to determine the least worst.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Senator John McCain
            Senator Hillary Clinton
            Senator Chuck Hagel
            Senator Lindsey Graham
            Senator Edward Kennedy
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Out of that list, only Lindsey Graham gets a slightly favorable uptick for me.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Future Senator Mark Warner

Comment

Dodd
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Re: Best US Senator.

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    With approval ratings for both the closely divided Congress and the President at or near record lows there are currently a whole lot of Americans unhappy with their government. My question, examining just the Senate for this thread, is who actually does a good job in your opinion and why? Who is the best US Senator?

There are 100 sitting Senators so there are far to many options to list in a poll so we'll just have to have people name their top picks.
                    Kay Bailey Hutchison.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Russ Feingold by a mile. Followed by Bernie Sanders.
                      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                      -Bokonon

Comment

I'm kind of leaning towards Dick Durbin. Can't decide between him and Russ Feingold though.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hmm...

They all suck?
                          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Durbin's a crook, but one of the better Senators.

Our standards are quite low in this state, but at least he's better than our other Senator.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yea! Look at all the Wisconsin love!!!!
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X