Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do? What to do? Service from Eugene to Cebu...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do? What to do? Service from Eugene to Cebu...

China Air has tickets for $810 plus around $300-$350 in taxes and fees. So, $1110-$1160. That means the Bush plan to buy Dolores ticket is a success plus $40, or a meal on the way.

What worries me is what if China Air goes belly up before then? Airlines are hurting, yes? However this is the Tiawan Airlines, a flag carrier like PanAM, so it can't go out of business, right? But whatever happened to PanAm?

If we hold off getting tickets, maybe the price will go up? Fuel surcharges, yadda yadda?

Don't know...don't know...but whatever I decide I still have to convince Dolores. I'm counting on George Bush to help with that, when those checks arrive and in the joy of the moment, much might be achieved...

When do they come?

I gotta think.
    Last edited by Lancer; June 5, 2008, 20:28.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Expect prices to go up.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I do. I DDooooo!

I do expect prices to go up. They are going to go up, I expect that.

The point is, if we buy tickets now, they can't go up, yes?

We got em.

Comment

Given the nature of the U.S.'s economic problems, there's something enormously efficient about your giving your stimulus check straight to a Chinese company.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          I do. I DDooooo!

I do expect prices to go up. They are going to go up, I expect that.

The point is, if we buy tickets now, they can't go up, yes?

We got em.
          They can still go up after you buy a ticket. Luggage fees, carry on fees, passenger fees, airport tax, terror prevention fees, meal fees, landing fees, etc.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

@ Rufus...

Tiawan

However this is EXACTLY what the gov says we should do, buy something. Say I decide to buy something made in America, what is that thing? Find me something made in America! I can go to the local hardware store and buy Chinese tools, but I don't need tools. I could fly United into Manila for just a bit more, but I don't wanna go to Manila.

This country went totally nutso with the special interests and the war on American industry in the 70s, there's nothing I can do to change things. What? You see any logic in our part of the world? If so, please explain, cuz I'm missing it.
            Last edited by Lancer; June 5, 2008, 20:42.

Comment

Once you have paid for the ticket, you should not have to pay anymore (in theory - but they can do what they want).
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

They can still go up after you buy a ticket. Luggage fees, carry on fees, passenger fees, airport tax, terror prevention fees, meal fees, landing fees, etc.
                Yes I know, but the price of the ticket can't go up. All that other crap goes up whether we have a ticket or not, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                  Once you have paid for the ticket, you should not have to pay anymore (in theory - but they can do what they want).
                  Right, that's my point. We have em. Regarding their doing what they want, they'll do that anyway after we pay more for our tickets sooo...

Comment

Book it man!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

No, you need to say, "book it Dolores".

P l e a s e...

Comment

I know the feeling.

Comment

Is it Chinese Airlines (Taiwan) or China Air (China)?

Comment

Call the airline and tell them that if they raise the fares or fees before you go back to the P'pines you'll bring a suitcase full of nail clippers on board as your carry on luggage. Make sure to give them your correct address too so that they can send any discounts or savings packages directly to you.

Trust me, they'll appreciate it.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              @ Rufus...

Tiawan

However this is EXACTLY what the gov says we should do, buy something. Say I decide to buy something made in America, what is that thing? Find me something made in America! I can go to the local hardware store and buy Chinese tools, but I don't need tools. I could fly United into Manila for just a bit more, but I don't wanna go to Manila.

This country went totally nutso with the special interests and the war on American industry in the 70s, there's nothing I can do to change things. What? You see any logic in our part of the world? If so, please explain, cuz I'm missing it.
                              Nah, I'm with you. Of course, I threw my check at the credit card bill I ran up vacationing in Japan in March; I guess bank of America got a couple bucks out of that, but I'm probably not the best person to talk about using the tax rebate patriotically.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X