Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any real purpose to multiple Internet fora...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any real purpose to multiple Internet fora...

...dedicated, roughly, to the same concept?

Isn't there some sort of categorical imperative (or ideal) that all data which is related in nature be readily accessible from a single location? What benefit is there to the distributed nature of the current state of Internet sites, message boards, et. al?

You'll soon find out ;(
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

Better opportunities to reach different conclusions.

and
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

When I piss off someone at DU I can still come here...

thank goodness
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

and
          See?

And let me be the first one to welcome you to the nicest board this side of Riedqua... oh ****, that's another board.
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Re: Is there any real purpose to multiple Internet fora...

Originally posted by Ocktoepuss

Isn't there some sort of categorical imperative (or ideal) that all data which is related in nature be readily accessible from a single location? What benefit is there to the distributed nature of the current state of Internet sites, message boards, et. al?
            not really. we are really just a bunch of assh0les over here.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Re: Is there any real purpose to multiple Internet fora...

Originally posted by AAHZ

who enjoy da dl shuffle
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

"The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Re: Is there any real purpose to multiple Internet fora...

Originally posted by AAHZ

Have you forgotten your medication again ? This is Poly where people are nice and cuddly, not CG where venom flows ad libitum.
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Re: Is there any real purpose to multiple Internet fora...

Originally posted by Ocktoepuss

I understand William Randolph Hearst said the same thing. Oh, and "categorical imperative?" I smell a freshman philosophy class...

1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X