Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAHZ's Miracle Hangover Cureâ„¢ (Part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAHZ's Miracle Hangover Cureâ„¢ (Part 1)

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 04:51.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Breaking news: Sky is blue.

B/c when you drink you dehydrate yourself. Drinking water before the effects set in helps mitigate the hangover. Same with soup.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 04:51.
      Order of the Fly

Comment

1) Drink lots of water before crashing. If this means you have to spend half an hour drinking large glasses at five-minute intervals when you really don't want to, so be it

2) Eat salty food before going to sleep. Potato chips or slices of buttered bread with salt on them are excellent for this purpose

3) Get plenty of fresh air while you sleep it off. This means opening a window in your bedroom, or getting someone to do it for you if you're too incapacitated

Each of these steps is equally important in my experience. If you leave one out and don't have a hangover, I'd say it's either luck, or you didn't drink enough alcohol to merit any preemptive measures in the first place.

Pain killers will do nothing until you actually experience pain. It was the water that did the trick. That, and luck..

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
          i think the pain killer works too. dosen't it thin the blood or something?
          I think it helps kill the pain or something.
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 04:52.
            Order of the Fly

Comment

Pickle juice.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Moderation.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

You probably felt fine because drinking the water mitigated the dehydration caused by the alcohol and diluted the toxic downstream products of alcohol metabolism (acetylaldehyde is the killer).

There's no point in taking a painkiller in the morning if you have a hangover since by the time it kicks in, you'll already be trailing off the worst of it anyway. I wouldn't recommend taking a painkiller at all since the whole point of a hangover is that your liver is working full time to clear the metabolic backlog. You're just asking it to do even more if you start taking drugs.

Also, you were drinking vodka. Distilled spirits are most just ethanol and water, they give cleaner hangovers. Wine and beer are jumbled mixes of yeast metabolites and produce a lot more side compounds.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Alternative Hangover Cure = Don't Drink So Much!

The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

What also works for hangovers. Stay in bed. God I feel like crap.
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

/me points and laughs at Hauptman.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauptman
                          What also works for hangovers. Stay in bed. God I feel like crap.
                          QFT. I drank way too much friday and man did I feel like **** saturday. The stupid part is that I was at one of Montreal's biggest clubs for a fashion show. There were beautiful women as far as the eyes can see. But, no, I had to screw things up by drinking too much. I didn't do anything stupid or anything, but drinking too much puts you out of the game...
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                            1) Drink lots of water before crashing. If this means you have to spend half an hour drinking large glasses at five-minute intervals when you really don't want to, so be it

2) Eat salty food before going to sleep. Potato chips or slices of buttered bread with salt on them are excellent for this purpose

3) Get plenty of fresh air while you sleep it off. This means opening a window in your bedroom, or getting someone to do it for you if you're too incapacitated

Each of these steps is equally important in my experience. If you leave one out and don't have a hangover, I'd say it's either luck, or you didn't drink enough alcohol to merit any preemptive measures in the first place.

Pain killers will do nothing until you actually experience pain. It was the water that did the trick. That, and luck..
                            In fairness, naproxen sodium at least slightly satisfies #2, so the pain reliever wasn't a total waste.

Anyway, I always find that a good 20min of running, swimming, or just sitting in a sauna helps clear out all the junk real quick.
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 04:52.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                              X