Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Rights

Originally posted by Kidicious
    Why don't you start a thread and support womens rights and find out for yourself.
    I support women's rights. But what does that mean?
    Men and Women are the same and should be treated equally
    22.73%
    Men and Women are different and that should be acknowledged
    50.00%
    Men are better than Women
    9.09%
    Women are better than Men
    13.64%
    Banana
    4.55%
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Different but equal.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Women's Rights

Originally posted by Felch

I support women's rights. But what does that mean?
      Well, it depends. You could consider the early 20th century's ideas of "women's rights" focused predominantly on their freedom to walk around barefoot, in the kitchen, breeding and popping out an ugly, dirty, squirming ball of noise at regular intervals...
      B♭3

Comment

I support women's rights. But I do not support the notion that there are not any differences between the sexes. We are created differently, both physically and mentally, and real equality would be to respect that and let both sexes complement each other.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

@Nikolai : How are that new law about at least 40% women in Board of Directors working ? Have any companies been closed yet ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What about "Men and Women are different and should be treated equally"??
            Blah

Comment

All humans are different. Regardless, most humans possess the potential to achieve great things. Because of this, all humans should be treated equally well in order to encourage that greatness.

The few humans who lack this potential should be turned into food beasts.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                @Nikolai : How are that new law about at least 40% women in Board of Directors working ? Have any companies been closed yet ?
                They threatened to close down Statoil. Statoil, our largest company, one of the larger companies in the world. I'm afraid our current government is a complete disaster. And not because of that law. But the biggest problem is, that half of our country doesn't realize it.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I think one needs to fully explain what one means by
                  Men and Women are different and that should be acknowledged
                  . There are obvious, no-doubter physical differences. But this sort of line can also be cover for "well, women think like this and men think like that, so the guys should be the CEOs and stuff and the girls should bake cookies" crap.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

But I like cookies

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Bake 'em yourself, then.

It's not terribly difficult.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Cookies

But they're best when made by Ma or Grandma /sexist
                        Blah

Comment

At home, it's my dad who makes dinner. Cakes is my mum's area though. Both's food is

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                            There are obvious, no-doubter physical differences. But this sort of line can also be cover for "well, women think like this and men think like that, so the guys should be the CEOs and stuff and the girls should bake cookies" crap.

-Arrian
                            That's the thing. Most modern rejections of absolutely equal rights seem to be based on this line of reasoning though.

This would be the category for people who think that women have a place in the boardroom, but should stay out of certain specific roles (combat units, priesthood, boy scout troop leaders, whatever)

I think people who view men as better CEOs are more along the lines of Men are better than women.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Women are better than all men other than myself, because they are hotter.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X