Irritating Window minimisation thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritating Window minimisation thing

Okay, so I want to minimise my windows instantly. I.e. click the top left - button, see the next screen below with no retarded "excuse me while I disappear to the tray" nonsense. How do I do this?
    Many thanks.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

there is an option for that somewhere
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

there is an option for that somewhere
      I distinctly appreciate your biting sense of humour, MarkG.
      "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Windowskey+M ?

(actually I have no idea what you want, this shortkey minimizes all windows though)
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Windowskey+M ?
          I want that, except for single windows (e.g. 1 word document or 1 browser page with 500 tabs inside).

Comment

Display properties, switch off the animations. I think it was there. Or was in in TweakUI?
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Opera.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Opera users are so desperate...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                  Display properties, switch off the animations. I think it was there. Or was in in TweakUI?
                  It's there...

Right-click the desktop > Properties > Appearance tab > Effects... button > uncheck the first checkbox (transition effects)
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                  X