No announcement yet.

Pekka on Pekka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you Pekka, I'm glad I wasn't far off the mark because it seems to be a common thing I see in a lot of men and what drags them down. Alas for me love is something that is not on the horizon so I have to keep moving forward with this "gaping hole" if you will. I simply do not seem to be able to attract nor be in the right position to find a girlfriend, no matter if my situation is better than 99% of people out there. Fate is cruel like that...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Hey Pekka buddy, I hope everything is going OK there...I do find it difficult to be quite as open on Apolyton as I once was with some of the characters who linger in the place. Nowadays I feel if I let my guard slip just one little bit then I will be crucified on the boards. It is why I never, ever talk about things that are not going according to plan, prime example being my love life, on this board any more.
      And we're all suffering for it.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        But I'm hopeful. The difference between rock bottom and this is that there is no future in rock bottom. There's none.
        It's always darkest before it's totally black. - Missatributed to Mao
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

And we're all suffering for it.
          Which is supposed to mean exactly?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Good for you Pekka, I'm glad I wasn't far off the mark because it seems to be a common thing I see in a lot of men and what drags them down. Alas for me love is something that is not on the horizon so I have to keep moving forward with this "gaping hole" if you will. I simply do not seem to be able to attract nor be in the right position to find a girlfriend, no matter if my situation is better than 99% of people out there. Fate is cruel like that...
            Meh, know what you mean. Look at your situation this way, a GF is just antoher way to postpone a gaping hole in your life and develop an unhealthy obsession/addiction to one person. Better?
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Which is supposed to mean exactly?
              It means that we miss you.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                Wait, you guys may have notice that I'm new here, Provost is Pekka's behaviour unusuall for him ?
                a lot of us have posted here for a long time, so we feel like we "know" each other, whether or not we do.

Some people who live in each other's area have met each other.

And a couple of idiots have flown around the world to meet.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Those morons.
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

It means that we miss you.
                    Awwwww
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                    X