No announcement yet.

Do You Go Camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a kid, back in the mid-to-latter 1960's me and my Dad went camping in Northern Maine, then at break of dawn we would go river fishing, just as the steam would be rolling off the water as the sun was barely peaking about the horizon.

We would start a fire, put some potatos wrapped in tin foil on the coals, catch some fresh fish and then cook them

Was real awesome
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Camping is great fun with freinds. Not at all sure if I would find it enjoyable with random people.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Not at all sure if I would find it enjoyable with random people.
        Refugee camps
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I haven't been camping for over a decade. :sadnod:
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Do You Go Camping?

Originally posted by LordShiva

August isn't a season
            We only have two seasons - winter and road construction. Construction wasn't a poll choice so I had to improvise.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Refugee camps
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Middle of September, I start thinking about it. Fall is best weather, plus not as crowded, as school has started. October is my favorite month for it.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Do You Go Camping?

Originally posted by Wezil

We only have two seasons - winter and road construction. Construction wasn't a poll choice so I had to improvise.
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I love camping. Just last year I rented a cabin that had electricity and hot and cold running water, took two of the kids with me and called it a camping trip.

Camping
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I went to a hiking/camping trip a month ago.

It's not the same as when I was a kid. For one, there is no sensation of being cut off from the world any more given that I had cell phone coverage the entire trip. In the middle of nowhere and I could surf the internet.

Comment

Working...
                      X