Do You Go Camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Go Camping?

I like to go camping. Camped in an off limits section of Yosemete before. These days, mostly state parks and such.

If you go camping, when is your favorite season to go?
    I like spring camping
    5.88%
    I like summer camping
    17.65%
    I like autumn camping
    23.53%
    I like winter camping
    0.00%
    I don't camp. I spend time fondling a banana.
    52.94%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

YEs, but not recently.

And I Don't really like camping in the rain.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I consider staying somewhere that does not have 24 hour full menu room service as camping.
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I went camping at the Ray Roberts State Park during spring break. I'd love to spend some time camping at Yellowstone, although I don't see that happening for a while.

Comment

I organize camping with my friends a few times a year, sort of a tradition.
          In the summer we usually go twice canoe camping, one of which is pretty rough (with portages and things).
          In winter, we rent a cottage in the woods.
          I wouldn't really call it camping but some would I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
            I consider staying somewhere that does not have 24 hour full menu room service as camping.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Camping. But not the kind the OP suggest I guess.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I camp spawns, does that count?
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I go camping quite a bit, both the tail gating variety and the backpacking variety. Mostly in the Blue Ridge and Applachian parks.
                  Last edited by Patroklos; May 23, 2008, 11:09.
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Re: Do You Go Camping?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    I like to go camping. Camped in an off limits section of Yosemete before. These days, mostly state parks and such.

If you go camping, when is your favorite season to go?
                    Yes.

August.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I went camping last month.

A week at a resort/spa place in Catrns Asutralia.

It (purposely ) had no internet connections.

My wife picked it without my knowledge.
                      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I don't go campaigning, no
                        Blah

Comment

Re: Re: Do You Go Camping?

Originally posted by Wezil

Yes.

August.
                          August isn't a season
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Banana fondlers unite!!
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                              I camp spawns, does that count?
                              Doesn't that make you an ass?

When I was much younger, I was in the Boy Scouts and went camping quite a bit. I hated the Boy Scouts. When I realized my parents wouldn't be mortally offended if I quit, I quit.

Despite that, there are aspects of camping I actually enjoy - if I can get past all the nasty bugs and such.

I find the timing of this thread to be slightly curious, because the evil bestfriend recently asked if I'd go camping with her.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X