No announcement yet.

Why do cops do stupid things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should have awarded her damages, then charged her $60k for room, board, and transportation service.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

ehhh...

Well-made point. Typical. Way to be consistent.
      Poor girl, drunk illegaly. Poor mom, who doesn't know whatTF her daughter is doing.

I guess "ehhh" sums it up, huh? What a dork.
      Really out for post points now, huh?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I got drunk and stupid several times without my parents knowledge when I was a teenager. I never got $60K for it though.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If these cops had any decency they'd harass and jail black men aged 18-35 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
            You have no problem with "restraining" her but don't agree with the leash thing. As the leash was the restraint you aren't quite clear to me. Or do you think cuffs in the padded room was acceptable restraint?
            I can see the cops not wanting her to be able to hurt herself while in their custody, which would necessitate restraints. Espec while drunk.

What I don't get is why they didn't just let her go after she sobered up. Is there a problem with her saying "I live here" even though no one's home? Couldn't they take her somewhere else? Did they really need to put her back in the clink a 2nd time?!
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

She was in a padded cell and wasn't doing anything to harm herself. The hand and leg cuffs were applied after the incident when they came to remove items from her. I imagine she would have gone back to being restless once they left again.

If she were in a room/cell were she could hurt herself then maybe, but that wasn't this cell.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Okay, I missed some things the 1st time. Watching a 2nd time, she was pretty stupid. Had she just gotten out of the police vehicle when they asked her they probably wouldn't have taken her back to her cell.

That said, the police's "kick ass 1st, ask questions later" mentality didn't help in this case. Christ, what could a 15 yr old do.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

They should have Tasered her. That usually solves any problems our law enforcement professionals face.

Comment

Tasering is fun but it's over way too quick. Much more entertaining to hog tie her and leave her for several hours.

Comment

Originally posted by LotC
                      They should have Tasered her. That usually solves any problems our law enforcement professionals face.
                      I'd tase you in a heartbeat. Just for looking at something. Breathing.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

We could draw tasers at noon Sloww. Something out of an old western. As a Texan you must like that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Our Supreme Court had an interesting ruling wrt youth justice legislation today that would make an interesting thread but I'm out for the day. I didn't even make it to Weird News items.
                          Why is that interesting?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I'd tase you in a heartbeat. Just for looking at something. Breathing.
                            That's how you Texans roll isn't it?

I'm sensing a bond between us Sloww. A yin for my yang. A peanut butter for my chocolate. A Laurel for my Hardy. Oh wait, maybe I just forgot to change my underwear this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Why is that interesting?
                              On the legal front b/c it puts the onus back on the prosecution rather than the other way round.

On the political front b/c the Libs are condemning the Tories for being disappointed by the ruling when the reverse onus provision was Lib legislation in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by LotC

That's how you Texans roll isn't it?

I'm sensing a bond between us Sloww. A yin for my yang. A peanut butter for my chocolate. A Laurel for my Hardy. Oh wait, maybe I just forgot to change my underwear this morning.

I felt this possibility of a bonding of sorts. The diaper deal is a deal breaker, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X