No announcement yet.

Bush Makes Ultimate Sacrifice for Iraq War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mix of patriotism and wanting a GI Bill. A lot of the guys who "have to be there" also tend to be guys who knocked up their high school girlfriends and need a decent pay check.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
      Ummmm, what was the last president to go to war with the troops? Exactly.
      I didn't say Bush. I said Bush's kids.

The last Prez I know to have a relative in combat was FDR, who IIRC had a nephew in the Utah Beach invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I didn't say Bush. I said Bush's kids.

The last Prez I know to have a relative in combat was FDR, who IIRC had a nephew in the Utah Beach invasion.
        FDR's son, James, fought in WW2.

During World War II he was second-in-command of the 2nd Raider Battalion of the Marine Raiders, an early US Marine commando unit organized and trained to conduct guerrilla-style attacks behind enemy lines. Eventually he retired at the rank of Brigadier General, winning the Navy Cross and Silver Star in combat.

link

Eisenhower's son also served.

John Eisenhower served in the Army during World War II and the Korean War, later attaining the rank of brigadier general in the U.S. Army Reserve. A decorated soldier, Eisenhower found his World War II military career thwarted by fears for his safety and concern from the top brass that his death or capture would be a distraction to his father, the Supreme Allied Commander.

link

Comment

While on the subject, how about a *possible* future prez:

Although McCain chooses not to make it a "talking point," James ("Jimmy") served in Iraq until February 2008.[72][73]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mc...growing_family
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
          X