Best food to survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best food to survive

....a global disaster like nuclear war, massive zombie onslaught, alien invasion, beer shortage etc.

No poll, since I want an open debate without oppressing anyone by limiting the choices.

What do you think? Frozen pizza depends on energy supply for the freezer, so it's not a good choice IMO. Of course you can go with the classic food in tin cans, but I think that only reflects a too conventional and quite boring approach for the avantgardists we are here. Eating fellow survivors has been tried numerous times as well, so it's an old hat too. We need to find new ways. Maybe genetic manipulation can help here, we could eat others just in part (like a leg or so) then let them regrow everything for further meals.

Post your suggestions
    Blah

Cockroaches
    What?

Comment

Canned Beans
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

In the case of a zombie uprising, Zombie flesh. Cooked of course in order to get rid of the virus. In a nuclear war there will be charred bodies everywhere so you don't even need to cook! Just break of an arm or something and start eating.

Comment

That's disgusting, but needs must I suppose.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I know! Beans in a can? Who ever heard of such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
              In the case of a zombie uprising, Zombie flesh. Cooked of course in order to get rid of the virus.
              Nice thinking here, using enemy forces to your own advantage. But is zombie research really sure that cooking is enough to kill the virus? If not there could be unwanted side effects, like for example spreading zombiehood.
              Blah

Comment

Pemmican?
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

The simplist answer

SPAM
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I remember an article about somebody eating 50 year old grains. They were apparently perfectly eatable if stored correctly, and if the grains were whole.
                    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

I've got a small supply of emergency food rations (foil packaged, last up to 5 yrs).
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

MREs
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Teh food with teh highest amount of preservatives
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Peanut Butter crackers.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                            X