Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm applying to a job that requires a head shot-weird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The military recently began requiring all officers to include a photo in their record. The reasoning was to see if you "looked the part," seeing as officers of O-4 and above are often in the public eye and unfortunetly in this day and age of umbiquitous cameras/video any instance of an officer looking less than ideal has consequences.

I think it is a waste of time as there is already a "military bearing/character" grade in your yearly fitness report that should capture that. Your commanding officer's actual personal assessment of your in person bearing should hold more weight than a knee jerk reaction to a picture.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

So, if Genghis was an American officer, he couldn't get promoted??

Comment

Immanuel Kant, but Genghis Khan
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

This thread reminds me of the strangest voicemail I ever received.

A couple months ago, while I was unemployed, I received a phone call from an unknown number at about three in the morning. I don't answer unknown numbers, so I let it rang. I was also very disoriented and tired, so maybe I just didn't get to the phone in time.

Anyways, this anonymous caller left a voicemail. Thinking it could be serious (or thinking it could be my bestfriend in New Zealand, for whom the time would have been 7 in the evening), I checked the message.

It was a very confused lady from Chip & Dale's. She seemed unsure about some basic facts, such as where she was and what her name was. What she wasn't unsure of, however, was this:

She found my resume on Craigslist (which shouldn't be possible, because I've only ever emailed it to potential employers), and was interested in inteviewing me for several positions, including bartender, barback, and dancer. And she wanted a headshot. Somehow, she thought I would be qualified for these positions, what with my extensive experience in technical writing and data entry.

I laughed for several minutes, saved the message, and went back to bed. I have no idea why I received that phone call. I didn't send them a headshot.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You didn't call them back?

You should have at least requested the offer in writing so you could frame it.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I usually attach a small photo the size of avatars here when sending out my CV. I thought it was common practice. Perhaps if I stopped I'd get more job offers.

Comment

Well if you are sending out your current avatar, it is no wonder you aren't getting more job offers.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                X