Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm applying to a job that requires a head shot-weird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm applying to a job that requires a head shot-weird?

Applying for a job w/ the local government as an attorney. App requires a head shot. I can apparently submit either through mail or electronically. I don't know anyone on the inside, so I have no idea what's the deal.

Weird? Not weird? I've never had to do that before, at least at the app stage...

If I don't get an interview can I blame it on a bad pic/not wanting another slackjawed white guy?

They want to check you against a line-up...
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Damn. Here I was going to offer to take a head shot at you from 200 yards.
      I feel so silly now.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: I'm applying to a job that requires a head shot-weird?

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
        Applying for a job w/ the local government as an attorney. App requires a head shot. I can apparently submit either through mail or electronically. I don't know anyone on the inside, so I have no idea what's the deal.

Weird? Not weird? I've never had to do that before, at least at the app stage...

If I don't get an interview can I blame it on a bad pic/not wanting another slackjawed white guy?
        I worked at a job center back in the 70's in California. Prospective employers were NOT allowed to asked for photos because such practice had traditionally been used to screen out candidates who...ahem...did not have the required skin color.

I don't know know if that was a state law or a federal law or if it still the law.

Comment

Yeah, can't see how this would be legal. I assume it must be, given it's an attorney position and all... but for attorney, the only reason you could realistically use it is for:
          a) ensuring the attorney is well groomed
          b) screening by race/sex/etc.

And given a) is useless on a picture (and, in fact, would be better addressed in person) ... meh.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Submit a picture from teh Unconventionally Cute Animals threadi instead
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Its an agency that, uh, should be following the law, if you know what I mean.

Maybe they use it for a photo id in case of an interview? Ah well, I guess I'll have my wife try to get a decent digital pic.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Excellent idea.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Send in this one
                  Attached Files
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Boom, headshot!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

WTF is wrong with that cat? Caughta mouse? All savage feeling, I guess.

Comment

Photoshop a picture of you shaking hands with Chief Justice Roberts.

Comment

Blah

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X