Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you vote Obama because he's black are you racist? If you vote Hillary because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you vote Obama because he's black are you racist? If you vote Hillary because...

...she's female are you sexist?
    Yes, you're racist/sexist if that's your reason
    69.23%
    No you're not racist/ sexist
    19.23%
    Banana
    11.54%
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Technically, yes, since you've used race or sex as the sole determinent of your decision and there's nothing about the presidency that requires a particular race or sex.

More complex is the case of those people -- my wife was one until recently -- who find Obama and Hillary equally compelling candidates, but in teh end choose Hillary because they've used gender as a "tiebreaker." Is that sexist?
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Too many people vote a certain way simply because they are black or a woman, this is why voter intelligence and knowledge tests should be mandatory, and also poll taxes. I am tired of the idea that society's retards, Walmart greeters, and welfare bums are as capable of picking a world leader as useful people.

Comment

This is why you should vote for Hermaphrodites only.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
          Too many people vote a certain way simply because they are black or a woman, this is why voter intelligence and knowledge tests should be mandatory, and also poll taxes. I am tired of the idea that society's retards, Walmart greeters, and welfare bums are as capable of picking a world leader as useful people.
          Well, I hate to say it, but you're right; voter intelligence and knowledge tests would have spared us the Bush administration.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

You forgot also: having more children.

Sometimes, when stereotyping usians, I say: they have 21st century technology and 19th century mentality...
            I wish it was only stereotype...
            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Amazing, more people agree with me than not incl Rufus! (Technically )

Wiggy, did a WalMart greeter fail to greet you or something?

Aeson, by voting the hermaphrodite ticket, who is your choice for president? It's Hillary isn't it?

Comment

Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine roll over in their graves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  Aeson, by voting the hermaphrodite ticket, who is your choice for president? It's Hillary isn't it?
                  Actually the only candidate I've vocalized support for has been... Dis.

Comment

Well, that would improve his lovelife.

Comment

democracy doesn't work
                      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

If I don't vote for Obama because he's black does that make me racist?

Comment

Yes.
                          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I said yes, b/c of my firmly held belief that it's impossible to be raised in this society w/o some degree of indoctrinated racism and sexism. To what degree is more the question.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                              If I don't vote for Obama because he's black does that make me racist?
                              Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X