How walkable is your neighborhood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How walkable is your neighborhood?

Find apartments for rent and rentals on Walk Score. Find apartments with a better commute, great nearby places, and transportation choices.

Walk Score: 65 out of 100. I live in the burps but it could be worse.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

8 out of 100
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Walk Score: 74 out of 100.

I live in the best part of the city.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

108 out of 100

Comment

Get the Walk Score Tile
          Very walkable: 78
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Apparently 77 now and 55 at the place I just moved out of. Neither is accurate though, since I know they're missing closer places for certain things for both addresses.

Edit: Which I dont' really get. I'm assuming this info is based off of Google Maps, but it says the closest park to my old address is .52km away, when really there was one literally right behind my building - and it's marked as such on Google Maps.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Walk Score: 54 out of 100

apparently the library is nearby...

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

32 out of 100.

...and it's not even that good. The mileage estimates are way off, and I suspect the site is using "as the crow flies" measurements. However, my house is up a winding hilly road, which drifts away from the business district and thus adds about a mile to the measurements given on the site.

Comment

Why is it saying my nearest park is on the other side of the city when there are two within five minutes walk from my house?
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

32, which is ridiculous and wrong.

For my dorm, 68, which seems low. Then again, it doesn't take into account the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      .... Then again, it doesn't take into account the bus.
                      It's a survey about walkability.

Comment

I don't really see why it's meaningful to measure "walkability" versus "living-without-a-car-ability". When I can wait 5 minutes to catch a 5-minutes bus ride up to a bunch of shops, that's meaningful.

Comment

Awesome. 2 out of 100.

That's about right, despite it being a bit off with a couple of things (how it categorizes them).

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Good thing I don't walk.

The last address I did walk from rates a 62.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Man, I thought my bit of the burps was bad for walking but you guys must live in car hell.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X