"Don't kick teh s**t out of me, bro!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Don't kick teh s**t out of me, bro!"

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

City of brotherly love.

Comment

None of you know the context of this - none of you were there. To say that the cops shouldn't have laid a free-for-all beating on the people in the car is just ignorant. For all you know, the correct protocol should have been to napalm the car, and these hero cops just showed remarkable, nearly super-human restraint.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

indeed
        "

Comment

I bet the guy asked for it. He was probably black too.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Definitely on PCP too.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

One version of the story:
              PHILADELPHIA — A half-dozen police officers kicked and beat three suspects pulled from a car during a traffic stop as a TV helicopter taped the confrontation, and the city's police commissioner said "it certainly does not look good."

The video, shot by WTXF-TV, shows three police cars stopping a car on a city street on Monday, two days after a city officer responding to a bank robbery was fatally shot.

The tape shows about a dozen officers gathering around the vehicle and pulling three men out. About a half-dozen officers hold two of the men on the ground. Both are kicked repeatedly, while one is seen being punched; one also appears to be struck with a baton.

The third man is also kicked and ends up on the ground.

"On the surface it certainly does not look good in terms of the amount of force that was used," Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said. "But we don't want to rush to judgment."

The officers were responding to a report of a shooting nearby, police said.

Ramsey said Philadelphia officers have been on edge since Saturday, when Officer Stephen Liczbinski was fatally shot with an assault rifle after a robbery in the city's Port Richmond section. One of the robbery suspects was fatally shot by police, another was arrested Sunday and a third remains on the lam.

"We want to look at the video. And I think it's important to remember that these individuals had been observed involved at a triple shooting at the time," Ramsey said. "There is also a lot of heightened emotions since Sgt. Liczbinski was murdered on the streets just Saturday."

Liczbinski was the third officer slain on duty in the city in the last two years.

D. Scott Perrine, a lawyer representing the three suspects, said that as terrible as the officer's death was, it does not excuse such actions by police.

"We don't take into consideration the emotions of police officers when it comes to the discharge of their duties. ... Your emotional state, being tired, doesn't justify what's on that video," Perrine said.

Perrine said one of his clients, Dwayne Dyches, suffered a welt on his head the size of a baseball and that one of his legs was seriously injured. He said police would not allow him to meet with Dyches alone in the hospital Monday night. Perrine said he now also represents the other two men in the car, Brian Hall and Pete Hopkins, but he did not know the extent of their injuries.

The attorney said he did not know what preceded the traffic stop in the city's Hunting Park neighborhood, but that the video shows an unjustified police beating.

"It clearly shows a lack of any reasonable investigation before these police yank these individuals out of the car and take turns delivering blows," Perrine said. "This is a time for a thorough investigation to see what it is that happened here. The question is 'Did they have probable cause?"'

Perrine said that if the police account of events was correct, his clients would have been charged with conspiracy to commit murder. Instead, he said police told him that all three would be charged with aggravated assault, a charge he said was intended to justify the officers' acts.

"Look at that video and try to determine if these guys even had a chance," Perrine said.

Lt. Frank Vanore, a police spokesman, did not immediately return a call for comment from The Associated Press.

While making no excuses for the police, there does seem to be a lot going on here... A cop shot dead days before, the claim that the three individuals had been involved in a shooting...

Frankly... it looks like they went totally overboard with no cause... And from the what the talking heads are saying, they have found nothing that would justify these harsh actions besides just "hightened tensions"
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wow

Edit:
                Perrine said one of his clients, Dwayne Dyches, suffered a welt on his head the size of a baseball and that one of his legs was seriously injured. He said police would not allow him to meet with Dyches alone in the hospital Monday night. Perrine said he now also represents the other two men in the car, Brian Hall and Pete Hopkins, but he did not know the extent of their injuries.
                Is the Brotherhood of Police still going strong in Philly?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

We expect better from trained professionals. Dishing out a revenge beating should be cause for prison time.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The worst time to be a young Black man is after a police officer is shot. Within a month of the shooting of several police officers in South Florida, Miami-Dade police shot and killed three unarmed Black men, one of whom was on the ground.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                      We expect better from trained professionals. Dishing out a revenge beating should be cause for prison time.

-Arrian
                      QFT
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I saw this earlier today.

Very sad.

Even if these suspects were involved with the murder of the officer (which, while I do believe to be true, is not proven), I cannot imagine circumstances that would justify the actions of most of these officers.

OTOH, police, no matter how much training, are still humans with emtions that can get the better of them. I can understand their actions, but not support them.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

The police should never allow their emotions to overwhelm their duty. They are entrusted with enforcing the law, not acting like judge and jury.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

As much as people like to think, cops are NOT super-human.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                              None of you know the context of this - none of you were there. To say that the cops shouldn't have laid a free-for-all beating on the people in the car is just ignorant. For all you know, the correct protocol should have been to napalm the car, and these hero cops just showed remarkable, nearly super-human restraint.
                              True, but it does show the guys prone on the ground with the cops still whaling away on them.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X