I need Lawyal help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Lawyal help.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

Last edited by FrostyBoy; May 6, 2008, 04:04.
    be free

nm
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

The Bottom line is NO. Basically, your product is of your company.

What I see from here, is if your "consultant" - and if anything this involved in that consultant contract that they broke...then you have a way out. If not, then you are screwed since you signed the final contract to begin with!

Comment

Remember, I was NOT appointed to build this program. I did it on my own free will on my own time. So no contract signed for this particular job.
        be free

Comment

I'd just kill myself

Comment

Ah, but did your company sign-up for it?

That is the crux. Did they? or did they not?

Comment

So you're about halfway through the process of giving away your own intellectual property, and you're just now wondering if you sould be making some money off of it?

You're making Wiglaf look like a model of financial circumspection and probity.

Basically, you're screwed. Your only option is to tell your boss now that you want money for your product. He has two options: (1) agree, which he might do if he likes you more than he likes money; (2) tell you to f*ck off. If he goes with (2), you could retaliate by withholding the application; if you do that, he could sue you for breach of oral contract, and point (convincingly, I'd guess) to the fact that a bunch of programmers have been hired based on the understanding that you were giving him the application.
              Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly; May 5, 2008, 03:17.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Nothing has been signed, and no oral talks about it has taken place.
                be free

Comment

If your company is willing to give you the credit for starting it all.....then all is well.

If they don't - Sorry, you have been used by the system.

There is no more advise to give but the blatant truth.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Rufus, in the beginning, I did not see this as a way to make myself money - I'm like that, money does not revolve around my life. Closer to date, I realised where I really stand with this application. I am aware that I have some power, but as to how much, I don't know.
                    be free

Comment

I'm not sure how good an application it will be if people booking flights to Chicago end up in London...
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I know this company well, and I know what it needs, so I think I have a good chance.

Will let you know how the meeting goes..
                        be free

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                          I call bull****.

Your boss hired programers based on wishful thinking?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                            An that is why they have you over a barrel now.

You have no legal recourse at this point in the game.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

He gave me the control
                              be free

Comment

Working...
                              X