There is a god!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a god!

First let me begin by stating that I love BBQ. Not the grilled stuff which normally passes for BBQ, though that's good too, but real hardwood smoked BBQ which has been slowly cooked with smoke at low heat for 8-10-12 hours or more. The dry rub has worked itself into the meat and that smoke ring just has such a wonderful hickory smoke flavor while the meat is so tender and juicy that it practically falls off the bone. I love it to death but it is so hard to find real BBQ where I live.

Oh, there are a couple of places which say they're BBQ but what they really just parboil the meat and finish it off either in a smoker or on a grill and there is no discernible smoke ring. But a new place just opened not far from my house run by a guy from South Carolina which offers the real deal and his prices are actually reasonable. I'm in heaven right now.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

mmmm, q
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

And he's a gag writer!!!!!!!

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

For lunch today I bought a huge pulled pork sandwich and a pound of smoked beef brisket. The sides were black beans, sweet potato fries, and an awesome salad with mixed greens and smoked gouda among other things. I couldn't finish even half of it so it looks like I'll be having a nice dinner tonight.

Comment

Goddamned liberals mixing hippie euro cheese with BBQ

Comment

Yum. It''s been awhile. Congrats on your good fortune, Oerdin.

Now I go to bed hungry, and will probably dream about eating.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Threw a few steaks on the barbecue tonight visiting my brother's.

Also had some BBQed corn on the cob (in tinfoil, 'course, with pepper and butter), grilled zucchini and onions, and apple (with subsequently-added cinnamon). Deeeee-lish.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

For the record, if you didn't live in ****ty cities like San Diego you may find more real BBQ places.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's true. When it comes to real southern style BBQ we just didn't have any decent offerings until this place opened. I'm not sure why but it's a fact.

Comment

What else do you expect from a state where the vast majority of pickup trucks have never seen a dirt road?

Comment

South Carolina
                      One of my favorite things about living here, there are dozens of ma and pop BBQ joints here in Charleston and the surrounding areas. I try to hit a different one every week.
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I have to admit, SC BQ joints are awesome. I might return next summer just to sample the food...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

The pound to dollar exchange rate is so good right now I'm surprised you haven't joined the throngs of other Brits flooding American tourist destinations.

I mean you hear about Europeans traveling to NYC and going on shopping binges who say the savings (due to the exchange rate) on the items they buy was large enough to pay for the flight and hotel stay. It's like a shopping trip with a free vacation thrown in.

Comment

Around here you can just go to any black church on a given weekend. If they're having a fundraiser, you can bet there's some real BBQ on the grill.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Its the same way here. My new place has several small neighborhood churches in walking distance, black and white, and they are constantly do fundraisers involving BBQ.

I am not baptist, but BBQ is BBQ
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X