Captain Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanQ
    The theme song is now stuck in my head this evening. I'm not just talking of the snippet you posted either, Elok, but all of it.
    Same here!

Now I need to watch a freecreditreport.com commercial, those songs trump all of teh other stuck-in-head songs I've ever come across.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
      Now I need to watch a freecreditreport.com commercial, those songs trump all of teh other stuck-in-head songs I've ever come across.
      Oh, **** you.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Though actually, there is one that's worse. There's a local RV dealership that has a jingle about having the "Sharpest Pencil in Town" that will get stuck in your head for years, particularly since they haven't changed it in at least a decade. They also have a 40ft long pencil above the entrance to the lot.

I often wonder what they're trying to say...
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I loved Captain Planet .

Originally posted by Elok
            Wow, that show was cheesy, and I remember way too much of it. Like the way the Central American kid sucked; he was like the Aquaman of the Planeteers. "Yeah, you can control earthquakes, tornadoes, giant fireballs and tsunamis, but I can TALK TO SQUIRRELS!"
            Yah that was funny!

HEEEEART!

Comment

This refers to a special ability of someone on a team such as a Five-Man Band who is so specialized as to seem useless in most situations. Usually, it's because the ability has no direct combat applications. Even if the ability sounds cool on …

Comment

Captain Planet teaches us racism

There are many theories that cartoons of all sorts have a political message of some sort underneat their cute skin. Well, it took me until my late teens to find my own theory. And now I have it, Captain Planet was a blatent slap in the face to nearly all of its characters.
                I'll list em off by the elements that they represented:

Fire: I don't remember what the accent was, but I associate redheads with Ireland and Scotland (am I to blame on this conclusion?) and I remember him being the one that made the brash decisions and having a temper (but then again its been like a decade since i've seen the cartoon, this isn't my strongest arguement)

Water-straight up comparison to the monsoon season in Asia, nothing really offensive here

Air-clean on air

Love- what a ****ty power. firecrotch can set things on fire and all the little Indian boy can do is make things gay, like for instance tigers. I swear he made this badass tigers really gay like they belonged to Sigfried and Roy.

Earth- my strongest arguement. give the white guy fire, asian water, white girl air, indian love, but who gets the dirt? the black guy. why the black guy? if his ring backfires it won't show up as much on him? They could have really made a point by giving him water or fire instead, but no, they gave him dirt.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

what do you need Captain Planet when you have Al Gore?
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

When I was younger, I assumed that the show had been produced in the Eastern Bloc, since it showed Americans in a bad light, whilst the commie girls were really smart. It also treated the Soviet Union as a continent. And all the baddies were capitalists.

And of course, Heart . Why didn't he just pick up litter or hand out condoms, that'd've been more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      what do you need Captain Planet when you have Al Gore?
                      Al Gore is to Captain Planet as:

A) Hillary is to Obama
                      B) Muqtada al-Sadr is to Nouri al-Maliki
                      C) Bruce Wayne is to Batman
                      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                        When I was younger, I assumed that the show had been produced in the Eastern Bloc, since it showed Americans in a bad light, whilst the commie girls were really smart. It also treated the Soviet Union as a continent. And all the baddies were capitalists.

A neutral POW.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          How exactly did you NOT notice Captain Planet's questionable sexual orientation?
                          Just like how He-Man is of questionable sexual orientation. This is the subliminal things that cartoon makers are putting in their cartoons to make kids gay.

Every time I know watch an episode of He-Man, I keep thing of the brilliant SNL parody "The Ambiguously Gay Duo". I cannot watch He-Man without laughing any more.

Comment

I remember an episode where Captain planet threw a nuke into space and it exploded. The explosion was complete with a mushroom cloud.

In fracking space! This seemed just a little too ridiculus to me and I was 8 or something.
                            Last edited by Heraclitus; April 19, 2008, 10:17.
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

then again you could consider the X-men series being a vision about how homosexuality could be gay, Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) thinks so

Also did anyone know Meg Ryan did the voice of Doctor Blight?
                              "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

Working...
                              X