Captain Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Planet

While wikisurfing, I stumbled across his entry, and I never noticed this before (I was maybe eight when the series ended), but man, he looks REALLY gay! I mean, he's got short-shorts, a half-shirt, and tall boots, all bright red, plus he's all sparkly and blue like a disco ball.

There's a link to Ted Turner's official CP page. Yes, he's still maintaining it for some reason. It's fun to page through it and marvel at the incredible heavy-handed preachiness of it all, and to laugh at the hordes of big names who lent their voices to the whole cheesy affair. Don't get too excited about the rumors of a movie; I was unable to find any evidence of it elsewhere online. It looks like we can only wistfully remember the smarmy closing theme:

"We're the Planeteers!
    You can be one too,
    'cause saving our planet is the thing to do!
    Looting and polluting
    is not the way,
    here's what Captain Planet has to say:
    'The Power is Yours!'"
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

They have a wikipedia entry for Captain Planet in Swahili but nothing for something important like "mammal"? Anybody see anything wrong with that?

Comment

How exactly did you NOT notice Captain Planet's questionable sexual orientation?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The theme song is now stuck in my head this evening. I'm not just talking of the snippet you posted either, Elok, but all of it.
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

This article is about the fictional character. For the series he is featured in, see Captain Planet and the Planeteers.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
            The theme song is now stuck in my head this evening. I'm not just talking of the snippet you posted either, Elok, but all of it.
            Replace it with the birdie song.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Damn you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                I guess the writers were/are distinguishing between the character Captain Planet and the series he was featured in (to quote the Wikipedia entry no less). If we wanted to get really technical, I could point out that it was two series but that's too lawyeresque... even for me.
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Oh dear...

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    How exactly did you NOT notice Captain Planet's questionable sexual orientation?
                    1. I was prepubescent at the time, and I haven't really thought about the show since.

2. I'm not the sort of person who usually picks up on this sort of thing immediately. I think I was sixteen when I first suspected Scooby and Shaggy were smoking pot. I kid you not.

DanQ: IIRC there's only a little bit before that. It goes

Captain Planet,
                    He's a hero!
                    Gonna take pollution
                    Down to zero!
                    Gonna help him
                    Put asunder (? sounds weird, that's what I remember)
                    Bad guys who like to...Looten Plunder!

LP's Voice: "You'll pay for this, Captain Planet!"

Wow, that show was cheesy, and I remember way too much of it. Like the way the Central American kid sucked; he was like the Aquaman of the Planeteers. "Yeah, you can control earthquakes, tornadoes, giant fireballs and tsunamis, but I can TALK TO SQUIRRELS!"

Idunno, was this show worse than Voltron? Were Exo-Squad and Gargoyles terrible too?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                      DanQ: IIRC there's only a little bit before that. It goes

Captain Planet,
                      He's a hero!
                      Gonna take pollution
                      Down to zero!
                      Gonna help him
                      Put asunder (? sounds weird, that's what I remember)
                      Bad guys who like to...Looten Plunder!

LP's Voice: "You'll pay for this, Captain Planet!"
                      -- including "asunder".

Originally posted by Dauphin
                      And then this.

Back to the Planeteers...

Comment

I have vague memories of Exo-Squad not sucking, but I'd need to watch it again.

Comment

This show made me want to pollute so Captain Planet would show up I didn't know LeVar Burton was in it, that makes it all the better.
                          "

Comment

Dauphin needs to be permabanned for messing with peoples' minds by posting thoses weird **** video clips.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X