Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A light version of the forums for mobile access?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A light version of the forums for mobile access?

Some vBulletin forums have this feature in which you can browse a lighter version of the forum when you' re trying to do it with a PDA or a smarthpone or your grandfather's typewriter you had modded for HDSPA internet access.

At the moment I'm in the middle of nowhere but thanks to the wonders of modern technology I'm still able to access the internet. It drains my battery very quickly because the signal is weak but hey, it's awsome anyway.

I'm hereby petitioning the managment to enable the PDA version for me and others in my position. Thanks!

Software is way too old here for that. Maybe in 6 years when they upgrade to the version of 3 years ago this will be possible.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Mobile subforum.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

This is on our wish-list as well. Once we're on version 3.x of vBulletin, we can look at this more closely in terms of how to implement it (which will in part determine when it is done thereafter).
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I asked for this 4 years ago.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

This would be quite welcome

Sorry! DanQ has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

This is a picture I took the same day. You can guess why difficult forum browsing didn't really bother me too much
              Attached Files

Comment

Dubrovnik?
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                  I asked for this 4 years ago.
                  We were then, and still are, on version 2.x of vB (though as has been said many times before before a highly customized version at that). We're hopeful that by the end of this calendar year we'll be on version 3.x (at last! ) and that will in turn make this mobile-friendly version suggestion practical.
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    Dubrovnik?
                    More to the north but yes, Croatia.

Comment

Dan, why are you aiming to be on 3.x by year end when 4.x will be out at year end?

OI. You clearly work for the government.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Because it's a heavily-customised version of 3.x

Comment

The idea is to NOT heavily customize it so in the future we can smoothly upgrade to new versions rather than having to be in a morass of code

I don't think a stable 4.0 final release will be out by year end personally, in any event. 3.7 isn't even out yet in final form...
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I don't understand the customization problem. Apolyton is not that much customized. Almost everything that was hacked into Apolyton's vBulletin nowadays exists as a native vBulletin feature.

Comment

Not true in the least, unfortunately... we're not talking the standard things like quick reply, but other things like the directory and news and such.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X