Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A light version of the forums for mobile access?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of which anyone cares about.

Poor technical design
    Poor usability research design
    Ugly site
    STILL USING THE ****ING UGLY "Windows Classic" THEMED BUTTONS OVERRIDING THE OS DEFAULT EVEN THOUGH I REPORTED THIS OVER 4 YEARS AGO
    To gross ineptitude on a MASSIVE SCALE.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Overriding nonstandard buttons

Asher not whining unless he wants to write SQL code for me
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

What SQL do you need? I'm a SQL pro.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

select Post from Posts where PostId=301

Comment

No

I actually need to figure out what i'm selecting into what based on what (ie, what actual database criteria would define the logical criteria I want to make). Once I do that the SQL is simple... i'm just giving you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Not true in the least, unfortunately... we're not talking the standard things like quick reply, but other things like the directory and news and such.
              If you have access to statistics you'll notice those things combined don't have 5% of the traffic forums have. To any manager the decision should be clear: improve first what people use most.

Comment

I don't understand how the SQL can be difficult using vBulletin schemas.

Comment

I'm not working on the vBulletin stuff, but some of the more complicated external stuff Like I said, the SQL itself isn't complicated, it's just deciding what to do things based on. I was just giving you trouble because my current data run is long and boring.

Comment

I actually need to figure out what i'm selecting into what based on what (ie, what actual database criteria would define the logical criteria I want to make).
                    Give us an example of a typical problem you are facing.

Comment

It's something I need to figure out for myself (as much to learn how to figure this out as to actually do it) But thanks

Comment

I'm not working on the vBulletin stuff, but some of the more complicated external stuff Like I said, the SQL itself isn't complicated, it's just deciding what to do things based on. I was just giving you trouble because my current data run is long and boring.
                        Sounds to me like I am giving you trouble now.

Comment

I may be only the apprentice now, but someday I will be the master...

(Apprentice to whom and in what, and master of what, I have no idea. That just seems the appropriate response...)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            Dan, why are you aiming to be on 3.x by year end when 4.x will be out at year end?

OI. You clearly work for the government.
                            If and when version 4.x of vBulletin is released before the end of this year, we'll look at crossing that bridge.
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Way to plan for the future.

Comment

We can't test what hasn't been released of it and we've invested much in the upgrade from 2.x to 3.x to date. We're hopeful that with standard features and add-ons for 3.x that an upgrade to 4.x would not be as laborious as the current process has been (and continues to be). Time will tell.

We could also look around and see if vB version 1.x is still available somewhere...
                                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                                X