Fix the government to revive the US. Assume you have complete contol for 1 year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to me like you do as your told.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

1. Round up all registered Republicans.
      2. Ship them to Texas or Florida.
      3. Nuke Texas and Florida.
      4. Nuke them again, just to be sure.
      5. Nuke them again, just for fun.
      6. Problems solved.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I'd get all them guverment folk to learn some Buddhism. Strategies for solving conflict rather than creating conflict? You know? It'd be nice.

I'd also require the guverment folk follow the Buddhist Five Precepts particularly the 4th precept against false speech, which includes ARGUING. Lets get to problem solving guys, rather than just arguing about problems (and note: 1st precept, no killing. So the "lets kill some people" solution has to be taken off the table, ho ho ho. REAL problem solving, please).

Having solved the first hot-air problem, I'd probably move on to doing something about global warming.

Comment

go to area 51, call the Vulcans then go on vacation
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Sell everything the state owns --> cash in --> than go on vacation
            If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Go all out Nuclear power, instate universal healthcare, build a bigger fence on the soon much shorter US-Mexican border, give Texas and Florida independance.

Encourage investments of US companies into Mexico in the hopes of improving the situation there. Stay in Iraq just send many more troops in.

Partition Iraq into sustainable states, invade Turkey if they had a problem with the new Republic of Kurdistan.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

No wait this is too much work, I would gift the whole thing back to Britain, except Texas and California which would be become independant republics.

Oh, the Spanish can have Florida. And New Mexico can go to Mexico.

By 2020 I would be considered the best US president in history. Except by the guys in Florida and New Mexico.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I'd make America join the EU and adopt the Euro as our currency.
                  Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                  Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I would repeal every law that was not covered by a strict constructionist view of the Constitution.

I would recognize the inherent rights of the States

I would fire most of the government buracracy

I would install a strict constructionist litmus test for all SCOTUS justices and remind Congress that it was their job (andt the American people's) to change the Constitution and remind the courts that it was NOT their job.

Done
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                      I'd make America join the EU and adopt the Euro as our currency.
                      That could work too.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        Seems to me like you do as your told.

Texas is Quebec with oil.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

1. Take off
                          2. Nuke the entire site from orbit
                          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Smash and rebuild. Name it Murica. Eat all the food and have all the women. Beat up the men. With my last day, I'd probably do nothing more since I already accomplished all I came to do.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Wiglaf's plan is solid

Comment

Fix the government to revive the US. Assume you have complete contol for 1 year

Sorry. I don't think it can be fixed in one year.

We've spent 30 years digging ourselves into this hole. And much of it is now fixed in the American psyche: Immediate gratification--borrow money for everything. Demand things from government but freak at the mention of the phrase "higher taxes." Grab for yourself and to heck with everyone else. Assume your opioion is valuable even though you have no basic knowledge to base it on.

I've come to the conclusion that America peaked in 1973. We've crested the hill and are now on the slow, inevitable decline.

(I would love to be proven wrong.)

Comment

Working...
                                X