I bought 3 gallons of grapefruit juice today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought 3 gallons of grapefruit juice today

We traveled an hour to a VA appointment in 'the big city' of Eugene. At Walmart a half gal of gf juice is $2.60something. In my little town it's over $3. So I buy lots when I go because I love the stuff all of a sudden. That's wierd, I don't know how that happens.

Have you ever had something like this happen to you? I know it happens to pregnant women with pickles and icecream, but I don't think I'm pregnant.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

No, you're just insane.

Comment

That's a given.

Comment

I had a craving for grapefruit juice once, about 10 years ago. Got a drink, drank it, hated it, never touched it again.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

That better not happen to me, I'm sitting on 3 gal of the stuff!

Comment

Re: I bought 3 gallons of grapefruit juice today

Originally posted by Lancer
            Have you ever had something like this happen to you? I know it happens to pregnant women with pickles and icecream, but I don't think I'm pregnant.
            Better go and check that out to make sure.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I've not only had this happen, I've had it happen with grapefruit juice. Went from hating it to having it be my favorite juice, just like that.

Same thing happened with tomato soup when I was in Turkey, but I think that's only because the Turks have a special, awesome way of making it. Other tomato soups still don't compare, though I do't hate them anymore.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I DID buy 3 bottles of of whole pickles today too.

...but no icecream.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                  I've not only had this happen, I've had it happen with grapefruit juice. Went from hating it to having it be my favorite juice, just like that.

Same thing happened with tomato soup when I was in Turkey, but I think that's only because the Turks have a special, awesome way of making it. Other tomato soups still don't compare, though I do't hate them anymore.

I hate tomato juice because my father made my brother and I drink it. Tomato sauce, like on spag, I love. Wierd. Grapefruit juice is wonderful stuff, it's like I just never realized it. ...or I didn't need something in it but now I do. I'm going to have some gf juice and toast to you Rufus!

Comment

Grapefruit is one of my favorites. Cran-Raspberry is the best though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                      Grapefruit is one of my favorites. Cran-Raspberry is the best though.
                      It's a cocktail though. Contains lots of vile nonos including high fructose corn syrup.

Tastes good, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

It's a cocktail though. Contains lots of vile nonos including high fructose corn syrup.

Tastes good, but...
                        QFT
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Yah, lots of them are cocktails... but there's 100% juice ones too.

I though Juicy Juice had some, guess not.

Someday I'll own a juicer and all the fruits n veggies I want. Then I'll hang out on a hammock all day with iced fruit/veggie drinks of my own making.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                            Someday I'll own a juicer and all the fruits n veggies I want. Then I'll hang out on a hammock all day with iced fruit/veggie drinks of my own making.
                            the amount of effort it would take to clean your juicer would probably mean that you would only have enough energy to climb into your hammock!
                            PHOENIXCAGER
                            The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

We have a hand crank blender in the Phils that's pretty cool for this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X