Argh! I got played!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh! I got played!

I know, I know... a relationship story. I swore I'd never turn into Albert Speer (the poster, not the Nazi). But I just had to get it off my chest.

I just got out of this somewhat long relationship, with many bumps in the road... Basically we dated for 2 years and then broke up, but were off and on for 4 years after that until we got back together in January of this year. Now, my ex's best friend (after me) during this time was a single guy who I'll call "T". This guy wasn't the best looking of guys (balding in his late 20s and doesn't have an attractive face otherwise... kind of looks like a duck) and was known for being an annoying know-it-all (and we found out later that he was to be a 30 year old virgin - we joked the 40 year old virgin movie was for him), but my ex went to law school with him and they both worked at the same place during the summer after we broke up for the first time. So she confided in T and they became somewhat close.

After the summer, we basically got into somewhat of a quasi-relationship. We'd basically acted like we were dating, but it wasn't supposed to be public knowledge. And was off and on. We ended up working in the same office... along with T. Everyone in the office basically caught on that me and the ex were close (closer than merely "friends"). Well... seemingly except for T, who isn't very socially adept. She continued to hang out with him during that period.

So then, we get back together officially (publically) in January. T is off on vacation. Thing are great. T gets back from vacation, the ex has to explain to him that we're together now and things get bad. I mean, the relationship starts getting very wierd and a bit more distance is between us. At the same time T misses out on a promotion, so ex says since T's in a bad place, she has to help console him, and starts hanging out with T a bit more.

Now, for any rational person warning signs must have been going on. I was not rational. Things went more and more downhill. The ex blamed it on my insecurities and said that I was being overparanoid and overjealous of T and it was ridiculous to do so. After all, T was not attractive and annoying and sorts of other things.

So it finally devolved into a point where we broke up. And she seemed (she may have been, who knows) as upset about things not working out as I was. Hell, when you've been basically going out with someone for six years (even if 4 of those years weren't "public"), it hurts. She appeared honest about her feelings and let me vent at her (I got to tell how everything I was pissed about).

We both knew the breakup would be hard, because we needed some space from each other (that we didn't REALLY get the first time we broke up). And the fact that we had been living in the same apartment complex for the last 2.5 years. So we decided we'd try to be friendly at work, but not talk afterwards. So we generally were somewhat friendly on the train into work if we ran into each other and sometimes IM'ing at work (I KNOW, horrible idea, but I was weak).

Three days later, on Saturday, I go out for an 8 AM jog (I'm trying to get back into shape now), and who's car do I see in front of my ex's building? Yep... T's. He spent the night. Didn't even wait a week.

Son of a *****!!

--

So now it's going to be wierd if I see her on the train tomorrow. I figure I'd just tell her if she asked why I wasn't sitting next to her is because I think it'd be healthier for us if we weren't as friendly to each other, even at work.

Hmmm... that felt a bit better.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

And you think he slept with her why. Perhaps they were playing twister.

I think you are being over emotional and need to spend less time saying other people look like ducks and more time finding another girl to have a dysfunctionally secret relationship with.

Comment

Wiglaf
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Three days later, on Saturday, I go out for an 8 AM jog (I'm trying to get back into shape now), and who's car do I see in front of my ex's building? Yep... T's. He spent the night. Didn't even wait a week.

Son of a *****!!
        What's wrong with you? Don't you want her to be happy?

You people just make no sense...

Comment

Nice girl, faithful and honest, would never let her husband down, never have a 'friend' on the side. Early 30s.

Write, say hi, tell her what's really happening in your life. Why not? She wants pen pals.

vivian_visande@yahoo.com.ph.

Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            Nice girl, faithful and honest, would never let her husband down, never have a 'friend' on the side. Early 30s.
            Foxy lady. But does she have a law degree, so that Imran can have an angsty relationship with her on an even basis?
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The old playing socially inept to get the tail move. Works every. . .hell, how does that work?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                The old playing socially inept to get the tail move. Works every. . .hell, how does that work?
                If you don't talk much, they think you're mysterious.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Post a pic of her
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Foxy lady. But does she have a law degree, so that Imran can have an angsty relationship with her on an even basis?
                    I kinda doubt it though she has a degree of some sort I'm sure. He should write and ask her.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

Write, say hi, tell her what's really happening in your life. Why not? She wants pen pals.

vivian_visande@yahoo.com.ph.

Comment

Wiggy, you can do better than that! Exactly what are you trying to express? Out with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                          If you don't talk much, they think you're mysterious.
                          Ah... but he talks way too incredibly much. He just doesn't get social cues. And frankly, I'm not sure how that works, aside from the fact when there is need to bash someone, someone with no social skills can't counterbalance the rant with observed fact (which is, btw, the way how some of our other mutual friends got shunned by her... they questioned some of her rants when we had fights, based on observation, and soon found themselves not talking much more to her... after the fight was over and long gone.. perhaps he predilection for yes men should have been another tipoff.).

Comment

Re: Argh! I got played!

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            So now it's going to be wierd if I see her on the train tomorrow. I figure I'd just tell her if she asked why I wasn't sitting next to her is because I think it'd be healthier for us if we weren't as friendly to each other, even at work.

Hmmm... that felt a bit better.
                            Most of us aren't chicks, so... No chick treatment...

You had no claim on her the night you broke up. 3 nights later is no business of yours.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Not saying it is .

Just that it shows she was full of **** earlier on. And allows me to get over it a bit quicker if I think less of her for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X