No announcement yet.

Dippin' Dots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like them... only seen them at sporting events and amusement parks.

Comment

Dippin' Dots:

Maybe this will encourage you to try them:
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I thought they have always been around

I have found them at many places: amusement parks, mini golf places, malls, zoos, etc. I just love texture of the little beads!
        In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Cartimandua is right. they're pretty much everywhere. i've seen them at sport arenas for hockey, baseball, and football games. some soccer tournaments. i think i first saw them four years ago, maybe three. overrated, overpriced, but they make a good treat for little kids.

Comment

Wow. No wonder I've never heard of them. Amusement parks, mini golf, zoos, mall vending machines, sports arenas...all places I haven't been to in years!
            "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
              I thought they have always been around

I have found them at many places: amusement parks, mini golf places, malls, zoos, etc. I just love texture of the little beads!
              You're not Jeri Ryan by any chance, are you
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I first saw Dippin' Dots at a local figure skating competition. At these events, usually held at park district rinks, various vendors come to sell their wares (flowers, skating outfits, etc), and there was always some lady with a cooler full of Dippin' Dots. And they always sold out. They were also sold as fundraisers for the teams. This was about 10 years ago. They were not yet available in local retail outlets.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Never heard of them. Is there a problem?
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X