I'm leaving forever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm leaving forever.

You've probably noticed that I'm rather into Buddhism.

I've decided I'll be taking it to the logical conclusion and ordaining as a Buddhist Monk, giving my life to the Buddha the Dhamma and the Sangha.

Monks don't really use computers and so I really will be leaving forever, not just leaving until I feel like coming back, unless against all reason I decide to disrobe and forsake the Buddhist spiritual path. Which I wouldn't do, of course .

I've got to say, I've had good times on Apolyton. Yeah the Stella Polaris thing was a bit of a debacle, but Better AI turned out great.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Blake
    (Who will actually get a nice new Pali name with full ordination, so instead of Blake, he shall be known as "Venerable Dummedha" or something!)

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE don't let this be an April Fools joke..
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Praise be to Allah.

Comment

Blake, I wish you peace and happiness along your chosen path.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I know you're a kiwi, but don't you think you're taking this buddhism a bit too far?
          be free

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE don't let this be an April Fools joke..
            This is a good catch. Let's turn this thread into prank ideas, ASAP.

Comment

Attached Files
              Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                Blake, I wish you peace and happiness along your chosen path.
                Assuming this is not a joke of some sort, good luck, sir. Civ will be sadder for the lack, hopefully your life will be more full as a result
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Given that you have a life membership with Apolyton Plus... I'd say you cannot leave... Markos and DanQ will turn up at the monastery with a ventilated sack and some chloroform.

"one of us... one of us..."

Comment

Pali

Ardha-Magadhi
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Most of the posts on this thread are senseless so I'll try to make this post at least worth reading.

If this is an april fools 'joke', it's rather lame. If you are leaving Blake, we are all very sad, especially me being your best bud here, but we wish you all the best. During your training as a monk, remember that pain is your friend, though this is hard to remember when they are training you to retract your testicles while they kick you relentlessly in the groin (yes they do this). If you ever come back to the gloomy world of OT, then you'll be able to easily beatdown all the commies and wankers.
                      Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Nothing prepares one better for flaming communists on an internet forum than being repeatedly kicked in the balls by Buddhist monks.

Comment

He who forgets where he came from forgets who he is.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Don’t go! The drones need you, they look up to you.
                            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                              Praise be to Allah.
                              Indeed. Hallowed are the Ori.

The prior Blake has warned us, he says he will not return. Brothers we must repent and embrace Origin before it is too late!
                              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                              X