April Fools 2008: OTCast Episode 01 -- "A Bit Chippy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming
    First... Wiglaf insults people across the site. But it's typical for you to ignore such a simple reality.
    You constantly pull this ****, and it makes no sense.

Wiglaf did nothing wrong here. Locutus did something wrong here. You then defend Locutus and attack Wiglaf again.

Your theory is "if someone's ever done something bad on Apolyton, we don't care if they get attacked/insulted, even if it is by an admin". You've used this on me constantly and now you're using it on Wiglaf.

Unacceptable behaviour is unacceptable behaviour, even when it's against someone you have a bias against. Figure it out, please.

And as far as your oh so gracious offer... also pretty typical of you. Not an offer to help with the next pod cast... but a demand to do one with less than 24 hour lead time, and at a time not very appropriate for anybody outside the US.
    Quit your whining. I have very few contiguous blocks of time. I'm moving the SO this weekend, I've got work projects next week, it'll be tonight.

If you can't make it, pick someone else to go. You kept begging me to help and I'm here to do it, but we're doing it on my terms.

I'm calling your bluff, Ming, let's do this.

There is no list of people in place or an idea of subject matter...
    I listened to this podcast, don't even try to bull**** me on the preparation needed. You guys just randomly shot the ****.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      And I am quite serious, 10pm tonight, official PolyCast recording. If I'm going to be doing this you guys are going to fit it to my schedule.

And how convenient that your schedule happens to come out to 4 AM my time and within 24 hours, so you'll know it'll never happen. Sorry, we have people from 3 or sometimes even 4 different continents on many of ours shows, we can't just have one person decide the record time and everyone else adjusts their life around it, even if it happens to be in the middle of the night. If you were even the slightest bit serious about doing this you'd have to play nice with others and work together to find a time that works for everyone, but that's not exactly one of your strengths...

I was asking you to do your own podcast (which you can then do whenever you want, wherever you want with whoever you want -- how more convenient could it be?) but if you really want to help (yeah, right), I'll even give you a chance: the next ModCast recording is scheduled for this Sunday at 15:00 EST. We have 6 people from 4 different continent scheduled to show up so that's not really a time that we can change at this point. If that's too short-notice, we have another one scheduled a week from now at the same time.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Locutus, actually I'd prefer no Euros are on the call...

I can't do it on weekends, period. Some of us have things to do. The weekends are the only time I have with the SO, I'm not going to spend it talking with you.

Let's say I host my own podcast then. Will you promise to host it provided it's not inappropriate?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Wiglaf did nothing wrong here. Locutus did something wrong here. You then defend Locutus and attack Wiglaf again.
          Wiglaf is as bad as you... he insults and attacks people all the time, and he starts it. But it's no surprise you defend him. But you think people owe him an apology, when he has never once apologized for any of his uncalled for attacks... kind of like you

Unacceptable behaviour is unacceptable behaviour, even when it's against someone you have a bias against. Figure it out, please.
          Interesting coming from you... the king of unacceptable behaviour. Practice what your preach, and maybe I would take comments like this from you seriously.

Quit your whining. I have very few contiguous blocks of time. I'm moving the SO this weekend, I've got work projects next week, it'll be tonight.
          Like you are the only person that has a tight schedule.
          Again, your "offer" is little more than an attempt to look good, but no real offer of help. Again, you make "demands"... not an offer.

If you can't make it, pick someone else to go. You kept begging me to help and I'm here to do it, but we're doing it on my terms.
          Again... your true colors shine. When we set them up, we give people the needed time to adjust their schedules and arrange a time that works for all. You of course only want to do things on your unrealistic terms and care nothing for anybody else. Again, pretty typical of you.

I'm calling your bluff, Ming, let's do this.
          No you aren't... you are just trying to find a way to weasal out... with no real offer at all. Fortunately, anybody with a brain can see through your wimpy attempt.

I listened to this podcast, don't even try to bull**** me on the preparation needed. You guys just randomly shot the ****.
          Again... since you don't understand, you just make crap up thinking some of your brain dead supporters might believe you. I've done prep work for the few pod casts I've done.

But continue your rants and insults... nobody really believes you anyway.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So, just to clarify, is it OK to attack posters who have attacked posters in teh past?
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• How 'convenient'.

I'd certainly like to hear if you can make a podcast sound good without effort and with cheap-ass hardware, so by all means make your own. If we are willing to host an official OTCast on a permanent basis with you behind it is a completely different story (just about anyone else we'd be fine with but until you prove otherwise we wouldn't trust you to be a night watchman in an outhouse), but first show us that you can do the former like you say you can.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Interesting coming from you... the king of unacceptable behaviour. Practice what your preach, and maybe I would take comments like this from you seriously.
                Again, what I say is true but you choose not to comprehend it because you don't like me. Bias again.

Like you are the only person that has a tight schedule.
                If you're going to continue to attack me for doing nothing, you have to be less picky about when I help you. Not all of us go home and play 10 hours of Civ a night with the same people over and over, some of us have things to do.

Again, your "offer" is little more than an attempt to look good, but no real offer of help. Again, you make "demands"... not an offer.
                If you want my help, you need to do it at a time I can do it. I'm not going to not visit the SO on the weekends (the only time I can see him while he's in school) just so I can listen to a bunch of nerds talk about python in heavy Euro accents.

Face facts, Ming:
                - I have offered to produce a PolyCast
                - I have offered to help you guys set up better technology for your PolyCasts
                - I have educated you guys on better technologies to use for PolyCasts
                - Your co-owner/administrator blatantly attacked Wiglaf even though he said nothing to provoke it, and you then defended it.

You are inconsistent, you don't want my help, and you are bull****ting everyone in pretending you do want it.

You are lying. You are politiking. And you think we're all idiots.

Game over, Ming, I've called your bluff, I've shown your "True colours" to be an inconsistent, incompetent moderator/administrator, and all you can do is pretend it didn't happen.

CHECKMATE.

Comment

• I'm afraid to ask what "SO" means....
                  Science Officer?
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Significant other/partner

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

My voice sounds nothing like I think it does, but the same as when I've heard it recorded before.
                      No one's voice does. I've heard before it has something to do with the sound vibrations traveling through the skull but science isn't my thing.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

No you aren't... you are just trying to find a way to weasal out... with no real offer at all.

When will the personal abuse end?
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Face facts, Ming:
                          - I have offered to produce a PolyCast
                          No... you have demanded that we do a pod cast with less than 24 hours notice, and that you don't care about anybody elses schedule, and consider that real offer... I call BS.

- I have offered to help you guys set up better technology for your PolyCasts
                          - I have educated you guys on better technologies to use for PolyCasts
                          Many of your supposed suggestions aren't supported by experts, and actually disagree with you.

- Your co-owner/administrator blatantly attacked Wiglaf even though he said nothing to provoke it, and you then defended it.
                          You totally ignore reality... both you and Wiglaf launch unprovoked attacks on a regular basis, then whine when a possibly a single event occurs against Wiggy.

And in the case of this thread, you are the one that started with your normal attacks.

You are inconsistent, you don't want my help, and you are bull****ting everyone in pretending you do want it.
                          We would love a REAL offer of help... but you aren't willing to make that kind of offer. You are the one BSing here. All you are doing is making an unrealistic demand, and then you will claim that it was ignored. Again, smart people see right through your lack of effort.

Game over, Ming, I've called your bluff, I've shown your "True colours" to be an inconsistent, incompetent moderator/administrator, and all you can do is pretend it didn't happen.
                          Yep... game over. Your true colors are shining through.
                          But in "Asher Land", I'm sure you think you have won, but in reality, smart people see you for what you are.

CHECKMATE.
                          Until you make a real offer of help, I would agree...
                          Checkmate to you.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

No... you have demanded that we do a pod cast with less than 24 hours notice, and that you don't care about anybody elses schedule, and consider that real offer... I call BS.
                            I can't imagine you're doing anything important tonight Ming.

Do tell me what you're doing 10pm tonight.

You totally ignore reality... both you and Wiglaf launch unprovoked attacks on a regular basis
                            Show me what Wiglaf did to warrant an attack by Locutus. What has Wiglaf done to Locutus, even prior?

This is a lame excuse that no one buys but you and your comrades.

This is checkmate, Ming.

I've volunteered help three different ways.
                            I've witnessed your co-owner insult a poster without provocation.
                            I've witnessed you try to wiggle your way out of it even though it's PATENTLY against the rules and BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. This is something you guys are guilty of time and time again, each time you blame it on the fact that you simply don't like the person you're attacking. That doesn't fly.

Sorry, Ming, you've been manhandled here.

Locutus can be a man to apologize to Wiglaf, and you can be a man and try what I suggested.

I'm tired of this sissy behaviour.

Comment

I can't imagine you're doing anything important tonight Ming.

Do tell me what you're doing 10pm tonight.
                              I already have plans for the evening. Maybe you can't imagine anybody having something important to do on a Friday night because you never have anything important to do

The fact is, when we set up pod casts, we do it with significant enough lead time so that those involved can get it on their schedule. This is because we actually respect other people's time... something you don't see to. But then again, no surprise coming from you.

Show me what Wiglaf did to warrant an attack by Locutus. What has Wiglaf done to Locutus, even prior?
                              I could point out hundreds of attacks by Wiglaf against the admin here... but you choose to ignore that kind of thing.

This is a lame excuse that no one buys but you and your comrades.
                              Nahhh... other smart people see the truth here.

This is checkmate, Ming.
                              Again, I agree... you lose.

I've volunteered help three different ways.
                              I've witnessed your co-owner insult a poster without provocation.
                              I've witnessed you try to wiggle your way out of it even though it's PATENTLY against the rules and BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. This is something you guys are guilty of time and time again, each time you blame it on the fact that you simply don't like the person you're attacking. That doesn't fly.
                              None of your smoke screens change the fact that you have made no serious offer of help. Or change the fact that both you and Wiggy have repeatedly attacked the admin here. If you try to deny that, you are a total fool.

Sorry, Ming, you've been manhandled here.
                              Sorry Asher... maybe in your world, but not in reality.
                              Smart people see right through you.

Locutus can be a man to apologize to Wiglaf, and you can be a man and try what I suggested.
                              Maybe he will consider it after you and wiggy do the same for all you have insulted... but I highly doubt you know how to be a man.

I'm tired of this sissy behaviour.
                              People have been tired of your act for far longer.

Enjoy.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

People have been tired of your act for far longer.

Enjoy.
                                The OTcast poll disagrees by a landslide?

In fact, people are more tired of your act than mine.

CHECKMATE V2.0.

I could point out hundreds of attacks by Wiglaf against the admin here... but you choose to ignore that kind of thing.
                                Show me a single attack by Wiglaf on Locutus. JUST ONE.

CHECKMATE V3.0.

Comment

Working...
                                X