BBC News site redesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC News site redesign

Yep, it's that time of the year again... BBC News has redesigned its site: news.bbc.co.uk

Looks like they're staying more or less with the former color scheme but they've altered the size and color of the fonts just a little bit. There's more white space and the fonts appear slightly larger.

This is just the trained eye of somebody who used to work as a print journalist/copy editor for two years.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

I hear China is now letting people see the English language version but they're still blocking the Chinese language version.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

A new BBC lay-out!
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I like it. Seems somewhat cleaner, less busy.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
            A new BBC lay-out!
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I still can't get the videos to work however.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Overhaul

Too big text sizes (they appear much too large here, without me changing anything in the browser)
                Blah

Comment

It's not awful but it's not good from a user perspective I think, much too cluttered and it should have portals either at the top or on the left not all over the place like it is now. Maybe their goal is to let the user get an "invitation" to all the current news but my goal is always a specific are of the site which is less naturally accessible as a consequence.
                  It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

As long as they don't 'redesign' the atrocious leftist slant to their reporting, they could change the site layout twice a week and I wouldn't ever notice.

How strange to think that this outfit was once the benchmark of objectivity in news reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      I hear China is now letting people see the English language version but they're still blocking the Chinese language version.
                      Yes, that's been the Chinese stance on most foreign language news sources since at least 2002. Reuters was opened up in 2004 (English only).
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Winston, again, has it right. I am so sick and tired of state run media outlets in the 20th century. Americans are beyond this like horse drawn carriages, but in Britain it is acceptable to get all of your news from whorish tabloids posing as newspapers. I am done dealing with Britain

Comment

The English version of BBC should include Chinese texts in spoiler tags.

Comment

Yeah because privately owned media outlets are all about fair and balanced reporting.
                            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

There will always be competing outlets, not one dominate piece of ass like BBC.

Comment

Working...
                              X