The Mad Monk Has Bought The Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you live alone?

That house is small, but I like it, easy to maintain, and you can always add to it if you ever need to.

I love open spaces and grasslands. But I hate winter.
    be free

Comment

Ooh, nice!
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Looks very serene.

Comment

I recommend settling the new city next to the pond.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

near tornado alley?

hopefully not
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Kansas City isn't too bad tornado-wise compared to further west in Kansas, but it's certainly not tornado-free.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Tornados, like fires (see picture), are part and parcel of building cities. Moreover, they add an element of action and uncertainty that justifies placing fire stations.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

It's not the Kansas tornadoes that are so bad as where they take you.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No worries, that house is over eighty years old for a reason -- it's tucked safely behind the "Tonganoxie Split", where tornadoes always go well north or well south, and rarely straight east.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                      Do you live alone?

That house is small, but I like it, easy to maintain, and you can always add to it if you ever need to.

I love open spaces and grasslands. But I hate winter.
                      I refuse to compromise, therefore I live alone.

The winters here tend to be shorter than usual (not this year though, nor last), but tend to pack a frosty wallup.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        It's not the Kansas tornadoes that are so bad as where they take you.
                        Nebraska?

Comment

The house and setting look eerily reminiscent of the nuclear war film "The Day After"...
                          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

your lawn needs some TLC! I guess it is drought in summer, is it frosts in winter as well?
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Late summer is pretty rainless, though spring rains make up for it, sometimes too much; a lot of the surrounding area is currently at risk of flooding, and even the higher locations (like around my house) is pretty spongy. Overall the climate is drier than New Jersey (the only other state I've lived in), around the same average temperature, but hotter in the summer and colder in the winter.
                              Last edited by The Mad Monk; March 28, 2008, 11:31.

Comment

Looks like a nice bit of land

Any plans for it besides the orchard?

Comment

Working...
                                X