The weirdest place to find a hair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weirdest place to find a hair...

(This is probably the best topic name I've ever had to post. Just wanted to share that. The rest of the post isn't so good though.)

Last night I was eating my way through a container full of prunes* and one hit the back of my throat and left a bad feeling, like there was a bit of seed or other shell in there. I took a drink of water and waited for the feeling to subside.

It didn't.

Using my unusually articulate tongue, I probed back near my right tonsil and found, much to my amazement, a crinkly hair stuck firmly in the tonsular crypt. I can only reach this hair with my tongue by sucking my throat in and probing round to the back of the tonsil mass. If I have my mouth open, there's no internal vacuum to bring the tonsil forwards within reach of my tongue.

I tried reaching back with my fingers to grab the hair, but they weren't long enough. I tried reaching back with a pair of tweezers, but the hair's stuck on the far side of the tonsil and can't be reached directly with the tweezers. (Not to mention I can't see for crap when I'm doing that.)

I even tried vigorously brushing all around that tonsil with my toothbrush just to see if the bristles would grab the hair. Not only was that immensely uncomfortable, but the hair was still there.

I went to sleep thinking that this is the weirdest body hair I've ever had to try to get rid of. This morning I woke up with all the symptoms of tonsillitus, except only my right tonsil was inflamed.

The hair is nowhere to be found. It's either stuck, Akira-like, within the swelling mass of my right tonsil, or it's wriggled free and either been swallowed or spat out.

Just wanted to share. Of course if you have any advice for internal oral depilatory techniques, I'm listening

* It's a girl thing.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

maybe some of those prunes were testicles
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hmm, nope. I've had a few men's plums in my mouth and I'm fairly sure they're quite different.

If your plums feel like prunes you may need to see a doctor though
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Prehensile tongues!

You're going to make some young man very happy some day.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I should not have opened this thread ... but the thread title was just too good to pass up.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
            I should not have opened this thread ...
            I didn't
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              I didn't

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                I didn't
                And it's a goode thinge too
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  Prehensile tongues!

You're going to make some young man very happy some day.
                  Who says she isn't doing that now?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

'Cause we all know its the old men she fancies
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Maybe it was a vein or something.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Tonsil hair update:

The swelling, after two days, has gone down enough in the right tonsil for me to reach around to the far side again with my tongue. There is no hair there, which means either it's shaken loose and been swallowed or spat out, OR that it's actually become absorbed by the tonsil crypts.

I won't know for sure whether the hair's gone until the tonsil shrinks entirely.

My boyfriend has refused to kiss me, perhaps understandably saying that this grosses him out entirely.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Well, he shouldn't have stuck his willy in your prunes to begin with...

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I dunno, he's usually pretty good about kissing me after I've played the pink oboe.

Same as how I'm okay kissing him after he's verbally abused the bald man in the boat.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

My oboe doesn't get played much nowadays. But at least it gets plenty of polishing...
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X