Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies and Gentlemen may I introduce to you......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Good for you Tia. Unfortunately for me, there are no surviving written medical records linking me to my biological father (La Grange County Hospital burned down years ago, taking those records with it) and my mom has repeatedly lied about any and all details she's provided (re:contradictory). She was a bit of a slut (engaged FIVE TIMES, five separate men, BEFORE she met my biological father at least that's what she's told me) so you can imagine me as Cartman trying to figure out who his dad was. Even her brother and sister aren't sure which of her suiters knocked her up and spawned me. I gave up long ago.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

any chance it's still your 'uncle' Rusty?
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Congratulations JD!

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
            any chance it's still your 'uncle' Rusty?

Nope that got cleared up yesterday with me almost on the floor with a heart attack!!! I called ahead to BVS and let them know I was coming with my court order for their records and she confirmed that the name of my father was in there. When I got there she came out with a minilla folder with the information on it. Written on the outside of this folder was the name Hannah. Now you have to understand for years I have thought that my Uncle was actually my biological father and his last name is..........of course......Hannah. So you can imagine when I saw that name on that folder how fast my mind was racing and swirling. Turns out though it wasn't him.

And to top everything off there is no birthday or social or anything at all that would help me in the search for them. It said my dad was 40 when I was born which would make him between 86-88 and my mother was 30 so she'd be 76-78. Plus I'm not really sure if she told the truth on the birth certificate. On my adoption papers she signed her last name as White. That happens to be my fathers last name and in the spot where it ask for her maiden name she put down Smith. Talk about a flippin needle in a haystack.

And apparently I have a brother or sister somewhere out there because on the part where it says living children they put one. So if the ages she put is actually correct then the chances of me finding them alive are probably pretty thin.

My cousin who is a lawyer said to go to the social security webiste and since I have the state they were born in you can use their name to look up and see if their dead in corrilation to the state they were born in but I couldn't figure that out. Besides with the common names both my mother and father have, again it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. If I new how to start a blog or something like that .......hey maybe I should start a website called looking for Jimmie Darlene! I just don't have $1200 to hire someone to look for them or a private investigator so I guess I'm back to square one.
            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

White and Smith?

I bet their first names are Bob and Jane.

I take it the hospital does not have anything of their medical history in your file?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Funny you should mention that....I called the hospital and low and behold they only go back to 1975 because any records that go back further then that have been destroyed as of last year. Told ya' just keeps gettin better and better. My dad's name is Charlie and Mom's is Lois but she went by Delores. So yeah, Charile White, Lois Smith. I'm doomed to never know as well as what about my sibling. Doesn't look like this will ever get solved. One step forward 12 steps back.
                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

If those are in fact their real names (I have doubts) then you are not finished yet. As you know their names, ages, and rough geographic location the search isn't dead yet (even if they might be).

If the names are fake then it will be a lot tougher.

Comment

Apparently my dad was a driver for a freight co. but it doesn't say which. And again doesn't that make a nice tidy package. If it's fake drivers go all over the country. Doesn't say what town they are from just the state they were born in. Ok and look why would she sign the document to turn me over as Delores White (delores middle name) when in the document it says I was a minor child born out of wedlock. Why if your married would you sign something like that. On your Birth certificate there is a spot for "Informant" the person who provided the information to go on the birth certificate on mine it says the informant is Mrs. C.E. White.

It's all quite mysterious. And leaves me feeling a bit at a dead end. And just because the ages are on there that doesn't mean anything either. She could have lied all the way around. You have to remember this was in 1960 and there was a great stigma attached to being an unwed mother in that day and age so she may have been lying all the way around.

Who knows.....I certainly don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat

It's all quite mysterious. And leaves me feeling a bit at a dead end. And just because the ages are on there that doesn't mean anything either. She could have lied all the way around.
                      Possibly. The names don't ring true to me. You would have to research to find out.

You have to remember this was in 1960 and there was a great stigma attached to being an unwed mother in that day and age so she may have been lying all the way around.

Who knows.....I certainly don't.
                      This is why you should be very careful about your decision to make contact if you find these people alive. You may inadvertently open a very deep wound. Just b/c you would like to find your birth family doesn't mean they want to be found. Fake info on the documents would support this presumption.

Comment

Meh, you have a right to know your birth parents imo. Even if they're dead it must be a relief to know who they were. Hire a private detective or something.
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                          Meh, you have a right to know your birth parents imo.
                          Consider for a moment the wider policy implications of that.

Even if they're dead it must be a relief to know who they were. Hire a private detective or something.
                          They can be found. We used to have a person finder on staff. He regularly found people that did not want to be found.

Comment

I understand about making contact that is why I was going to let my cousin who is the attorney make the first contact if one is ever made. I don't want to meet them if they don't want to meet me. I certainly don't want to intrude on their lives but after two go arounds with cancer I really need some medical answers. If they are dead then the sibiling could provide that. That's all I really want.

I had an excellent life, with excellent parents. I had everything a child could possibly want and if I didn't all I had to do was say "Daddy I want" and it magically appeared. I went to the best schools, traveled the world, was highly educated and most and best of all was totally and completly loved and adored by my mother and father and I loved them as well with all my heart. Those are my parents, those are the people who raised me, loved me and took care of me and instilled the values that I have today. And nothing and no one can ever take that away or replace it.

But on the other hand medical information would be wonderful to have. Finding out that I was actually given a name, all be it a redneck one, but name just the same was a huge bonus for me. That's more then I had hoped for. I just want to know if I'm going to die early of heart disease, alzheimers, kidney failure etc.... I need to be able to give my children and grandchildren this knowledge so that they can arm themselves and take precautions. My youngest has already been diagnosed with the same type of cancer cells I was when I was 19 so they need to know.

Comment

What a few more years and the genetics tests will give you the answers you seek.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X