Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies and Gentlemen may I introduce to you......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies and Gentlemen may I introduce to you......

**trumpets** **fanfair** Are you ready?????

May I introduce you to the new Tiamat or at least Tiamat's real name the one given her at birth by her birthmother........Miss Jimmie Darlene White.

Ok, let me go there......my adoptive parents named me Mary Jayne to be used together as one name. Now I had no idea that my birthmother had named me when I saw that I at least had held out some hope that she had this wonderful girly beautiful name like Catherine, or Cynthia or Sally Sue but honestly I just can't seem to get away from my southern roots to save my life!

I drove 5 1/2 hours up there walked into the court house to the office and told her who I was, she said she'd known my dad (he had been Mayor of that town) and handed me the papers just like that. I walked out of the courthouse went to my car and began to read. Then I saw it, I saw where she had named me. I have nothing on her except her name. Nothing to say who my father was no town she was from, no social, birthdate, nothing except her name. Tomorrow I go to the BVS and get the copy of their records that they have and I'm crossing my fingers that my original birth cirtificate will be in there then at least I may have a start. I do know that my father said he was very sure she was from Shreveport LA. But with a name that is as common as my mothers without anything else to go on I"m afraid I'm back to square one sorta. At least now I know her name.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Congratulations It must be good to know these things, at least what you are able to find out, after all this time ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Actually it hasn't really sunk in yet. I mean I have the papers and can look and them but actually being able to wrap my head around it after all this time.....not so much yet. I'm sure shortly it will begin to sink in. I'm totally exhausted. I drove over 11 hours and had to go to work when I got back for 4 hours to I'm wiped out.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Hopefully the Birth certificate will direct you to a city, that's always a huge help - and it's possible you could find SSN on that also, I think my mother's SSN is on mine.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Congrats.

I found out my given name at birth, and my birth mother's name, by accident; I was going through some legal papers after my dad died, and came across a copy of the original court order. It was a decidedly bizarre feeling to think of myself with an entirely different name; it's better to be prepared, as you were.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I wansn't really prepared. I had no idea she had named me that did come as a shock. Yeah it's a really strange feeling "trying the name on for size" it just doesn't fit. Although there might be something to be said for the subconsious mind...everyone calls me Jaynie and Jaynie sounds a bit like Jimmie. **erie music plays** doo dooo doo doooo.

Comment

They don[t usually put "Baby X" on the birt certificate, I did note a blanck to be checked if iI I was illegitimate .
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Nah. You want eerie music? I'll give you eerie music. In a college creative writing class, I once wrote a short story in which the main character (based on me) had the same name my birth mother gave me -- except I didn't learn that name until four years after I wrote the story.

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

That IS a bit eerie.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

...and just to clarify, I mean both first and last name...

Comment

Zabasearch.com, 411.com and WhitePages.com are good search engines to use if you need to start looking for someone and only have a name and maybe a state.

Good luck, Jimmie Darlene.

Comment

Good to know you're on a fact-finding mission Tia

Adoption is a mystery.

I've had one flatmte who had been adopted. I don't recall now if she had known for her entire life but I'm pretty sure her new parents always told her the truth. Even when she was 18 (and thus had the right to get the info from the office) she didn't insist on knowing who her real parents were. Only one or two years ago (she's like 26 now) did she enquire. Her real mother had died of cancer several years before. She has brothers who are obviously not from the same father and who she's become good friends with. Her mother never told her family that she had given away a child after birth. I think it was my friend's uncle (her real mother's brother) who contacted her for the first time even before she would decide to find out about it all.

It must be odd to have two families.

Comment

side note on this my ex was adopted but he had his mother and fathers name. He just now met his birth mother. this is 18 years after i first met him. The reunion was a bit uncofortable for all, the father is dead now but he found out he has a **** load of half sisters and brothers. the real mother isnt all that concerned bout having reuinons the sibilings are but not the mother. The adoptive mom was all for him finding her but changed her tune when he met her. She was a bit hurt and upset. Im all for finding ur birth parents but a lot of issues should be discussed before doing so. The thing that got me was the way she addressed my kids(with my ex). They are not her grand children but rather his children. i didnt understand that, i did tell my ex that id rather his birth mother be limited to contact with the kids since she brushed them off like she did. Dunno if im wrong on that or what. I can say he is excited he has met the siblings but not so much the mom.
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                            Im all for finding ur birth parents but a lot of issues should be discussed before doing so.
                            That was where I was going in the other thread. As all Tia is after is medical history this won't be an issue for her. Right?

edit - fix pronouns
                            Last edited by Wezil; March 20, 2008, 10:23.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

My parents named me Duncan

And they named the dog Steve!
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X