No announcement yet.

Need some creation and name help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think "Aunt Junebug" is a deal-breaker at all. This is going to be a local, friendly, word-of-mouth business, right? To me, it sounds informal and homey.

Aunt Junebug's Tasty Treats

Congrats on the new gig. Make sure you supply plenty of business cards with the delivery. Did you ever do the website?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I also think it might be a good idea to stay away from bugs. "Mama June" sounds better to me. If you must have Junebug, then it has to go with Aunt, or something to indicate a name.

But while it is nice to pay tribute to your relatives, it's far more important to have a name & logo that bring customers to your business. IMO a bug logo is a turnoff.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I think "Aunt Junebug" is kinda cute. And it's a local business, not a franchise or a brand on the grocery shelf.

Who in their right mind would think Tiamat was slipping bug parts into her cream pies?
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

She is a Texan, and Texans are demonstrably evil people...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Are you saying Tia is evil?

Comment

I'm saying she's a Texan, so she's got more in common with Bush than Gandhi.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Very different statement.
                I'll give you that.

Comment

"Texas Tea and Catering"
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Dang, I wish I could get finger foods for my wedding reception for less than $10 per capita.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Keep the "bug" in. That will kick ass and you'll get lots of free advertising.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                        Hmmmm.... you know I didn't do the math last night it was late when I got the call. But it's just a cocktail party, so the food is going to be small finger foods which you can make it bulk. So would that be a fair price for something like that?
                        I have been in the party planning business for a while, and actually at one point nearly started a catering company but the regulations are so strict and the liability insurance so expensive that it ended up being a bit more than I could put into it. However, every caterer I have worked with uses the following system to determine costs.

When doing the math for something like this, you need to know how many different foods you are making, for a cocktail party there should be at the very least 5, and then you need to estimate how much food people will be eating, generally you double everything, guessing that people will eat 2 of everything. This may seem outrageous but you will get some who eat tons and others who eat less and at the end of the evening there should still be food on the table.

So far that means for a party of 200, you are making at least 2000 individual food items. Since you have only charged $1000 for the whole she-bang, that means you need to be able to make each item for less than fifty cents to break even and less than a quarter in order to guarantee even a half decent profit.
                        In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

ApolyCatering

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            I would also recommend staying away from a "bug" motif when describing a food company.
                            QFT
                            especially the "cartoony bug" idea sounds like something you would want to avoid
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                              I'm trying to come up with something that incorporates my mother (Betty Lou) and my Aunt June
                              Betty June?
                              BJ?
                              B&J's?

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                                So far that means for a party of 200, you are making at least 2000 individual food items. Since you have only charged $1000 for the whole she-bang
                                so how much would you charge?

Comment

Working...
                                X