Need some creation and name help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some creation and name help

Once again I turn to the great minds of poly for help. I've been trying to get my catering business (hopefully a full fledge bakery one day) off the ground and last night I got my first job for 200 people paying $1000! Nice chunk of change, however, I need a bit of help with the name and my logo thingy. Originaly it was going to be the Aunt Junebugs Pies but that pigeon holes me to "just pies" but I want to come up with something that can transfer over to a bakery or shop with ease if that ever takes off. Junebugs catering is a bit plain. I'd thought about using both my Mom's and Aunt's names to Junebugs & BettyLou's just not sure if I like that.

I need a name that has Junebugs in it that isn't to wordy that gets the point across for catering but that is catchy. We also used to call her Mama June alot maybe something along those lines with some way to work in my Mom's name. I don't know, this is why I need help.

For the logo I was thinking some type cartoon type cute bug cause here in Texas real junebugs are ugly as sin and hard as a rock which doesn't instill images of good food. Some type of cute cartoony bug with a chef's hat and a wooden spoon maybe... what do you think any ideas?
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Aunt Junebug Does Catering
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I would also recommend staying away from a "bug" motif when describing a food company.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

How about "June's Jitterbug Catering" ?
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Isn't $5 a head kind of low for compensation?
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If you must go with "Junebugs," do apostrophesise appropriately.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Asher is right btw "bug" should be avoided.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Hmmmm.... you know I didn't do the math last night it was late when I got the call. But it's just a cocktail party, so the food is going to be small finger foods which you can make it bulk. So would that be a fair price for something like that?

Yes, and I understand the bug thingy with food but but Junebug's is catchy don't you think? I'm trying to come up with something that incorporates my mother (Betty Lou) and my Aunt June they were the most awesome cooks and gave me my passion for it. Plus I really loved them they were the most important people in my life.
                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

How much do you pay for head?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
                    How about "June's Jitterbug Catering" ?
                    Interesting.....because I'm leaning towards a fifty's type of feel. Old fashioned cooking from scratch just the way grandma did type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Comment

It's pretty good for a cocktail party. A friend of mine in catering charges $7/head for lunch.

Comment

I concur that Jitterbug would be much better than Junebug.

Jitterbug is about the only way you can use bug without people thinking about bugs.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat

Interesting.....because I'm leaning towards a fifty's type of feel. Old fashioned cooking from scratch just the way grandma did type thing.
                            If you like it, feel free to use it
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

How much do you charge?

Comment

Working...
                              X