I hate computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played it SP...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
      ****ing thing froze on me again last night. It booted just fine. I played NWN for about an hour and a half and it died. Meh.

-Arrian
      Most likely the CPU then. I've had a couple start acting up on me like that, just random crashes, and eventually they won't boot up at all.

Comment

Blah. Well, when we get back from vacation I'll have to give Cyberpower tech support a call and work out a solution.

Thanks.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Don't get me started on pennies.
          "Take care of your pennies, and your dollars will take care of themselves." ...Ben Franklin.

Comment

Twice this week, my printer refused to print.
            Then today, I tried to print out a single, simple page, and out came pages and pages of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
              Cold boots, yes. When it freezes, I shut it off and try again, and it always works the second time. I've never had it fail twice. However...

We've also had it freeze a few times in the midst of playing a game (Neverwinter Nights) - again, no ability to do anything but turn the power off. That would be after hours of playtime.

Sometimes it manages both startup and hours of play with no problems at all.

I can hear the fan (fans, actually, I should have 2) running.

I have XP SP2.

-Arrian
              Try cleaning out the fans, I had mine clogged up with dust and I was noticing the same symptom in various games.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                Twice this week, my printer refused to print.
                Then today, I tried to print out a single, simple page, and out came pages and pages of garbage.
                Don't blame the printer for your inability to write
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

That was actually a funny post, so I'm going to go ahead and bump this entire thread.

Comment

I'm glad I made one that's funny at least...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                    X