Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to eat food that possibly came into contact with a dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0ckney

you fat bastard!
    Sorry, It turns out that I have no idea how much an inch is. So I googled it up, it seems it was an 11 inch pizza.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

Sorry, It turns out that I have no idea how much an inch is.
      You must have a very bad educational system.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS

if you want to learn about the issue

What You Should Know About Feline AIDS
        http://www.petplace.com/cats/what-yo...ids/page1.aspx
        Originally posted by Wittlich

It is called "Feline Leukemia" - which cats can get vaccinated against contracting it - if they receive the vaccine before becoming infected. After they are infected, there is no cure.

Yes, I'm a cat owner.
        Actually, there are two related viruses Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency. They both do the same thing, but FLV is the more serious. There is no cure, but the kitties can fight off the initial infection. A small number become carriers, and most die horrible deaths from opportunistic diseases if they aren't put down.

We adopted a street kitten and it turns out she has FLV. Fortunately we had segregated her from the other kitties, so when we discovered she had FLV she hadn't had any contact with the others. We've had her tested three times over the past five months and she's continuing to test positive, but very weakly. It doesn't look like she's getting rid of the virus, but carriers have it in such low amounts that they can safely be around the other cats, as long as we keep their boosters up. We're waiting to do that until we get confirmation from the vet.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          When I was a kid a friend gave me some dog chocolates and I never realised and ate them. Am I going to die a horrible death from this? Come on Dr Strangelove, help me in my hour of need
          Dog chocolate eggs?
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

You must have a very bad educational system.
            Why would I need to know how many centimeters an inch is? Or how long a foot or a mile is, we stopped using those like 150 years ago.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Dog chocolate eggs?
              It is nearly Easter after all

You know, I had a feeling you were going to come back with a "dogs egg" joke
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You're supposed to be dead!

Comment

Oh sorry!

*slump*
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Safe to eat food that possibly came into contact with a dog?

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                    So, ehh, I ate it.

The idea that the dog would have drooled over the entire pizza is rather unlikely. What was he doing? Scouting out the choice piece before he decided what one to take? The piece he took was probably the only one he touched.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I concur with Wezil. It is the most probable event that occured.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

It is called "Feline Leukemia" - which cats can get vaccinated against contracting it - if they receive the vaccine before becoming infected. After they are infected, there is no cure.

Yes, I'm a cat owner.
                        It is a horrible way for a cat to die, I had a 12 yo cat that got it, it simply wasted away in short time.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I concur with Wezil. It is the most probable event that occured.
                          Party poopers.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

It is a horrible way for a cat to die, I had a 12 yo cat that got it, it simply wasted away in short time.

ACK!
                            Yes, when I get a new kitten I put him/her through the blood tests. Thank God they have always came back clear...but I often wondered if I had one that was positive - would I put it down? In my heart I would have to say no - I would have it enjoy the life it had left, but I beleive it's passing would be harder on me than my past cats who lived a full life span.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Could I even get a tapeworm or something like that?
                              Yes you could.
                              The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror

Yes you could.
                                How probable is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X