Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to eat food that possibly came into contact with a dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to eat food that possibly came into contact with a dog?

My flatmates dog is ok for the most part. I don't like dogs in general. That is why this is just grosing me out.

So I ordered a pizza, I waited for what seemed like forever. I was starving, finally it was delivered. I start eating. I step out of the room for a second to talk on the phone. As I am talking I suddenly see the flatmates blonde lab eating something, upon closer inspection I realize it’s a piece of pizza that I was munching on a minute ago. I just left the pizza box on the floor for a second and the dog must have smelled it and opened the door to my room.

Yuck! So what now?

The dog could have drooled on the rest of the pizza, for all I know he could have stepped in it! After a closer inspection the rest of the pizza seems ok, but how in the world can you tell right? So, ehh, I ate it.

Now my question is: Can I catch any dangerous bugs, parasites & diseases by eating food that came into contact with a dog?

The dog got his shots, but for all I know the disgusting critter might have been rolling around in mud this morning, since my flat mate washed it about 4 hours ago. Could I even get a tapeworm or something like that? I’m not a dog owner, I’ve never had a dog, I’ve never wanted a dog, that’s why I’m asking the wise folk of poly for answers.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I didn't died. When I was young, sometimes my dog licked my candy before I ate it.
    bleh

Comment

Why, are you afraid that your roommate dog have syphilis?
      bleh

Comment

Not to worry Heraclitus, you'll be just fine.

Comment

Dogs are often carriers of AIDS.

Comment

Your tap water is probably more harmfull. Although I would never eat food that a dog drolled over, and that's what you have to assume, that he drooled over it. In fact, he probably got some stuff from his nose on it. Their noses are very wet, and sometimes they like to put their nose stuff on their food.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
              Dogs are often carriers of AIDS.
              As a matter of fact, there a lot of abandoned cats in city having a like-AIDS disease(I don't know how is called). Which is not transmissible to human.
              bleh

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS
                Why, are you afraid that your roommate dog have syphilis?
                Originally posted by Wittlich
                Not to worry Heraclitus, you'll be just fine.
                I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.

Also I don't like dogs.
                Last edited by Heraclitus; March 11, 2008, 15:04.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  Your tap water is probably more harmfull. Although I would never eat food that a dog drolled over, and that's what you have to assume, that he drooled over it. In fact, he probably got some stuff from his nose on it. Their noses are very wet, and sometimes they like to put their nose stuff on their food.
                  Well assuming he drooled on the the whole pizza before runing off with a chunk of it, what is the worst that can happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

I'm a bit of hypochondriac.
                    If your afraid that your dog may have syphilis, you should pay more attention to you roommates and not to your dog!

... just kiddin you!
                    bleh

Comment

As a matter of fact, there a lot of abandoned cats in city having a like-AIDS disease(I don't know how is called). Which is not transmissible to human.
                      Don't Lions have something similar?

Comment

Well assuming he drooled on the the whole pizza before runing off with a chunk of it, what is the worst that can happen?
                        Aids.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If your afraid that your dog may have syphilis, you should pay more attention to you roommates and not to your dog!
                          Well she looks ok, I supposte I'll take that advice.

Comment

Don't Lions have something similar?
                            I don't know, I just spoke with a veterinary and he said; that many cats in city are suffering from a disease which is like AIDS.
                            bleh

Comment

Also I don't like dogs.

Dogs
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X