Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Study Shakespeare The Anti-Semite...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like everyone on the internet blames some personality tick/problem on either ADD, OCD, High Functioning Autism, or Aspergers.

Comment

• Yes.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
        It seems like everyone on the internet blames some personality tick/problem on either ADD, OCD, High Functioning Autism, or Aspergers.
        I just said that I have a problem with it. I don't know if I would be diagnosed with OCD or not.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
          I actually have a minor form of OCD, which I think is as far as you can get from ADD?
          Superficially it may seem that way, but I don't believe that's true. The symptoms of my ADD are somewhat similar to what I've read about OCD (a mild form).

Comment

• Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
            It seems like everyone on the internet blames some personality tick/problem on either ADD, OCD, High Functioning Autism, or Aspergers.
            I was diagnosed in elementary school. And I don't blame problems on it, because it's gotten so weak I might as well not have it anymore.

Comment

• HFA and Asperger's are all but identical. Tony Attwood (one of the leading experts on Asperger's) says the difference between the two is that "they are spelled very differently." And don't blame me, I was professionally diagnosed with Asperger's from out of the blue. I was getting tested for ADD, which my mother had read about, and the shrink noticed I wasn't making eye contact and acting funny. I think a lot of aspies online are "self-diagnosed," ie garden-variety geeks looking for a sense of belonging.

Asher, it's quite possible for a person with ADD to pay attention to certain things for a long time. A good book, for example. I'd cite examples from my own life, except I'm not sure what's ADD and what's Asperger's. But in general, the problem is that you can't *make* yourself pay attention properly. If something sufficiently fascinating catches your attention, it can hold it quite well.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
              X