Hitler's Imperial March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I know what you mean.
    The sad laws concerning cease and desist orders, that are unique to germany.
    Where, as a lawyer you can just go and tell a webpage owner that he has violated this and this law and demand he sign a cease and desist order and he then, aside from signing it also has to pay your honorary for writing the letter and order (which, depending on the jurisdictional amount [which is something that you as the lawyer can set as high as you like] can be several thousand Euros).

It is truely sad that in germany as a webpage owner you can get bankrupt just because you posted a picture of a cake from "Marions Kochbuch", mentioned a false word, like for example "Ballermann Party" or even because you just forgot to give a telephone number in the "Contact"-Link of your business webpage.
    (Or he can just fight the case, but this is difficult with courts like the Landgericht Hamburg, which is infamous for deciding in favor of the originators of such cease and desist orders [and it is the originator of the cease and desist order, who decides on which court the case is fought])

And yes, I agree, that this can well be used for censorship, after all this has been well shown for Callactive vs. Niggemeyer, where a german Quiz-TV used it in an attempt to silence a webpage that makes very critical statements about quiz programmes.

In all this of course the german government is more a willing accomplice than a direct actor, in its unwillingness to change the law considerably to make it fit to international standards (well, at least a small change has been introduced, so that the maximum honorary a lawyer can demand from private webpage owners for sending them a cease and desist order is "just" several 100 Euros instead of being able to demand several 1000 like it was before [he can still demand several 1000 Euros from commercial webpage owners however]).
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Well on the bright side, you can go 'round the censorship easily by using proxies. Since the free ones are usually slow, I'm considering to rent a fast one. I have read through several offers, some in Central Asia (I want it to be NOT in the EU or USA).

Kind of funny, an inhabitant of a western country has to pay for a proxy in free Central Asia in order to get his web access uncensored.

By the way, I have a mail address in free Kirgistan too, in order to go 'round the Vorratsdatenspeicherung.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
        It is truely sad that in germany as a webpage owner you can get bankrupt just because you posted a picture of a cake from "Marions Kochbuch", mentioned a false word, like for example "Ballermann Party" or even because you just forgot to give a telephone number in the "Contact"-Link of your business webpage.
        (Or he can just fight the case, but this is difficult with courts like the Landgericht Hamburg, which is infamous for deciding in favor of the originators of such cease and desist orders [and it is the originator of the cease and desist order, who decides on which court the case is fought])
        Yea, that's pretty ridiculous too. I would never consider to host my website in Germany, for that very reason. Better to host it somewhere else, where the provider tells the German attorney to stuff it, when he requests access logs.

Comment

Also the unifroms of the imperial officers bear some resemblance to the SS "peacetime" uniforms.
          Yes, in that they are both uniforms. Amazingly, they are similar to my highschool band uniforms for the same reason
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Ah yes, Adolf Hitler High.

Strangely enough, their mascot is the Stormtrooper.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Yes, in that they are both uniforms. Amazingly, they are similar to my highschool band uniforms for the same reason
              I fail to see your point since highschool bands are evil.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Please point out one non trivial similarity between Imperian Navy officer uniforms of SW and SS uniforms of WWII.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Hmmm? It was just a thought. I don't get why this has peaked your attention.

I just tought there was a bit of stylistic similarity.

The US Navy uniforms or the fictional Star Trek starfleet unifroms have very little similairty to SS uniforms but they are still uniforms. Anyway SW is a peice of fiction GL probably got his inspiration from a lot of different sources.
                  Last edited by Heraclitus; March 11, 2008, 13:10.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

The Fritz helmet is no longer associated with Nazis anymore since almost every country in the world, including China, is using this style.

Comment

Working...
                    X