• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitler's Imperial March

Very fitting music.

Doesn't load for me.
    Blah

Comment

You do know the stromtrooper scene where the Emperor arrives on the Death Star in Return of the Jedi was designed to emulate this sort of aesthetic?

Also the unifroms of the imperial officers bear some resemblance to the SS "peacetime" uniforms.

And Order 66 together with the transformation into the Empire is a clear rip of off how Hitler framed and got rid of the communists.

So in light of this, that YouTube vid is less silly.
      Last edited by Heraclitus; March 8, 2008, 09:40.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Like BeBro I don´t see the video (Sorry this video is no longer available)

But concerning the things Heraclitus said:
        Well, also the name "Stormtroopers" is derived from german military history.
        In World War 1 "Sturmtruppen" is a name uniquely given to units specially trained to infiltrate enemy trenches (of course other countries had similar units, but they were given other names).
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

YouTube is doing is doing some maintenace that may be the cause for some of your trouble.

The vid works for me.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

No. A lot of videos you posted lately didn't load for me either. The problem is not maintenance. The problem is censorship. Anti-constitutional censorship, as I may add.

Comment

works fine here. very fitting music.
              My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Using a proxy abroad, it works for me too. Removing the proxy, it ceases to work again.

Merkel regime .

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                  No. A lot of videos you posted lately didn't load for me either. The problem is not maintenance. The problem is censorship. Anti-constitutional censorship, as I may add.
                  Oh, a "OMG Germans watching Hitler" factor? That is tarded. Censorship.

Comment

Ironically, the proxy I am using is in the People's Republic of China.

Comment

Ironically, the proxy I am using is in the People's Republic of China.

Try watching a vid of a guy stoping a tank.

Comment

I wonder if this is voluntary self censorship by youtube (something google for example has with regards to china) or some kind of censorship enforced by our government
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Do you think the Google censorship in China is voluntary?

Comment

Do you think the Google censorship in China is voluntary?
                            Kind of, yes.
                            AFAIK Google imposed the self censorship in some kind of anticipatory obedience, because they feared actions by the chinese government in the near or far future, but they did so without actually having been contacted (or threatened) by the chinese government.

Comment

I see. At least that's what the media says, anyway. In this case of course Google is to blame, not the undemocratic Chinese government. Replace that with YouTube and the German government at your liking.

FYI, filtering web content and keeping it up to date, especially with such rapidly changing database like with Google or YouTube costs money, and a ****load of it at that. No company does this at free will alone. There is always pressure in the background. Not necessarily by direct threat, but for instance by creating precedence as a warning, like it happened in China.

Whatever is true, it remains a sad fact, that the German internet is censored. Yea, I know, I know, YouTube is not the whole internet. But there have been other signs of it as well in the past. Blogs were intimidated into non-existence because it was ruled that a blogger is responsible for things written in his guestbook. The discussion forum of Süddeutsche Zeitung is closed at evening and weekends, because it can't be moderated and the paper could be helt responsible for commentaries. Etc, just keep your ears open.
                              Last edited by Harovan; March 9, 2008, 04:13.

Comment

Working...
                              X