The trouble with Steve Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopy369
    As I said, he certainly could announce it, and many do, but it is not required by law (though a succession plan I believe is required, or at least essentially required, but he should have that in place regardless of health or retirement issues - it's just good management).
    You do know Bill Gates has already retired from his hands-on duties...and he announced it well in advance. Because it's responsible governance. Which is the point.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I do know that indeed
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
        Asher, I'd have to say the only people more insufferable than Steve Jobs are people who own Apples. I mean, my God, I get it - you want to be different, and that's the reason you bought a Mac. Not because you like it, or even have that much of a problem with PCs - you just bought it because you think it makes you cool. Then you saw the Apple commercials, and decided you wanted to be just like the guy plugging for Apple. So you learn everything you can about your computer, and memorize lists about why Apple is so much better than PC. I get to deal with these morons all the time at work.

I just have two questions, Mr. Mac Lover - why is the Mac operating system the most non-user friendly, non-intuitive, piece of **** on the market, and why does Apple continue to have almost no market share (and no software developed for them)?
        It's very user-friendly and intuitive and the system looks sexy. It is not my fault you like ugly big boxes, you are the egoist here, perhaps you should draw a self portrait with the engraving, Here stands David Floyd, the only man not influenced by advertisements or looking cool or a usable operating system. BITE ONE

Comment

It's the least user friendly piece of **** I've ever seen. Granted, that's because I've used PCs all my life. Maybe if I'd never used a computer before, MAC OS would be user friendly. But the fact is, most people are used to PCs and Windows, so any OS that is radically different is automatically gonna be non user friendly to a vast segment of the population.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

You mean it has a learning curve for you, not that it's not user friendly.

In general, the learning curve for Mac OS X is pretty low compared to the PC learning curve. The people most interesting on this scale are the folks who don't really know how to use windows either; folks who know how to use windows can pick up OS X fine, just as they picked up Windows. However, the folks who don't have the mindset or technical comfort level to pick up any OS easily can generally pick up OS X somewhat easier.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The trouble with Steve Jobs
              Originally said by Maximum PC Editor Gordan Mah Ung
              Steve Jobs is basically the Devil.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
              X