Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trouble with Steve Jobs

The trouble with Steve Jobs
    Jobs likes to make his own rules, whether the topic is computers, stock options, or even pancreatic cancer. The same traits that make him a great CEO drive him to put his company, and his investors, at risk.
    By Peter Elkind, editor at large

Big article from Fortune magazine. I'd no idea he was Buddhist AND a Vegetarian, that explains so much about why he's insufferable.

I also like how he was going to use non-mainstream medicine to cure his cancer. His reality distortion field is so powerful, it alters himself.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Yes Buddhism is lame and too quiet, but maybe you should pick on someone your own size. It is a LITTLE KNOWN FACT that Bill Gates was in the boy scouts and did drugs before Steve Ballmer set him straight. And Alberto Gonzales has nothing on Gates, the perjurer extraordinaire who probably lies himself to sleep every night:

Early rounds of his deposition show him offering obfuscatory answers and saying 'I don't recall' so many times that even the presiding judge had to chuckle. Worse, many of the technology chief's denials and pleas of ignorance were directly refuted by prosecutors with snippets of e-mail Gates both sent and received.[31]
    Get out of bed and go to work, I have ended your dreams

Comment

OMG he was in the Boy Scouts!
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It's actually a very good article, has anyone read it?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          It's incredibly stupid. And yes, unfortunately I read it. I don't plan to read the next article you post though.

Comment

No. Will you read it to us then post a link to your audio file?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

It's incredibly stupid. And yes, unfortunately I read it. I don't plan to read the next article you post though.
              Did you think it was stupid because the words are too big, or because it's from Fortune?

Comment

Did you think it was stupid because the words are too big, or because it's from Fortune?
                Because you've actually found another person, a writer for Fortune magizine who shares your love-hate obsession with Steve Gates. Who cares if he's a Buddhist or whatever. Buddhists are saner than most religionists.

Comment

Because you've actually found another person, a writer for Fortune magizine who shares your love-hate obsession with Steve Gates. Who cares if he's a Buddhist or whatever. Buddhists are saner than most religionists.
                  So I take it you just read my summary then.

Comment

So I take it you just read my summary then.
                    No, but your summary isn't very good either, btw.

Comment

That's because it wasn't a real summary.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were Buddhist.

Comment

That's because it wasn't a real summary.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were Buddhist.
                        No, I'm not.

And about the article. Blah, blah blah about how Steve Jobs is a nut and it's hurting the stock price. I think it's bologny.

Comment

No, I'm not.

And about the article. Blah, blah blah about how Steve Jobs is a nut and it's hurting the stock price. I think it's bologny.
                          1) Do you think that Steve Jobs is absolutely critical to the success of Apple?
                          2) Do you think the shareholders have a right to know when the pillar of the company is in serious health trouble and refused to seek treatment for it for months?

Why are you defending corporate interests?

Comment

I don't think a CEO is ever absolutely critical to the success of any company, myself... it is quite possible Apple would succeed without Jobs. Heck, they failed with him the first time, didn't they?

His plan this time around worked, and worked very well. There's no reason someone else couldn't do the same thing, though, now that the plan is made clear - heck, I could go in and randomly reject everything with a button on it In some ways it might be better to, at some point, get new blood into the office - there are certainly things they could do much better, after all, and following one plan for too long is not good business anyhow.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Pancreatic cancer? Oof.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X