I need help beating my tendency to procrastinate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heraclitus
    Interestingly, reading new posts on apolyton is one of the “filler” things I do. How can I leave poly Arrian? Tell me Arrian! Please!
    You quit, cold turkey. You just don't visit this site, period. You could even take the step of asking the mods to ban you.

I stopped coming here for a while when I found my productivity was suffering. I'm getting to that point again. I'll have to take my own advice soon.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      So it's basically a part of Austria then. (Looked like it when I travelled through back in 87).

Comment

Sure about this? Won't monitoring my thoughts and spending my energy on them aversely affect my ability to do stuff? Causing more negative emotions?

Like I said I’ll give it a try.
        Monitoring your thinking is something many people have to do on a regular basis (like myself), and they live productive lives. It doesn't keep you from doing stuff.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Sort it out tomorrow, Heraclitus. That's what I always do.

Comment

I have written one of the letter. I suppose that is good.

I can't bring myself to write the other one. Its just too important. I… I… I suck.
            Last edited by Heraclitus; March 4, 2008, 15:29.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I have written one of the letter. I suppose that is good.

I can't bring myself to write the other one. Its just too important. I… I… I suck.
              Stop telling yourself that you suck.

Comment

"Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. "

-- Patrick Swayze

-- Point Break

Comment

Have your thyroid levels checked.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Let me write it for you.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Start a thread for writing the letter. The forum posters should have a nice one together for you in no time.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: I need help beating my tendency to procrastinate

From almost six months this has been a problem, and its getting worse. I'm having real anxiety attacks when I try to start tasks. It's horrible.

Does anyone on poly have any advice? Please?
                        meth
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Re: Re: I need help beating my tendency to procrastinate

Originally posted by Darius871

meth
                          Gee, that's a good way to **** your nervious system up and go really insane.

Comment

Heraclites, I've been meaning to tell you all about my surefire method of ending procrastination.

I'll get to it soon.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I need help beating my tendency to procrastinate

Originally posted by Kidicious

Gee, that's a good way to **** your nervious system up and go really insane.
                              What, do you know this from close personal experience?
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                                Have your thyroid levels checked.
                                I've heard that advice for laziness and procrastination before. It's something I've meant to do for many years now, but I've just never bothered.

Comment

Working...
                                X